Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4. Nexus 4 the best smartphone in its price range in its time can now have Android Pie in it. Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4. If you want to Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 officially then you have to wait. Nexus 4 may or may not get any OS updates in future but if you still want to Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 then you have to take the help of a custom ROM. You can Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 by installing an android 9.0 based custom ROM on it. That’s why we are here to help you out in installing the best android 9.0 Custom ROM on Nexus 4. Follow this guide to know more.
Android Pie 9.0 is the latest andriod version of Android released a few weeks ago. Before announcing the android 9.0 name officially google released 4 beta programs of andriod 9.0 for andriod devices. Android Pie is now available for Pixel supported devices. In a few months, it will be available for other supported devices. The google will first update those devices which are signed for the Android P beta program then release updates for other supported devices. If you want to check whether your device is in the list then check out the post.
We will tell you the easiest way to install andriod Pie on Nexus 4. In order to install android 9.0 pie on Nexus 4, you have to follow this guide. Since android Pie is not available officially for Nexus 4 till yet that’s why you have to install a custom ROM based on andriod Pie 9.0. The AOSP is the best custom ROM to install on Nexus 4 to get android Pie 9.0. Follow this guide to install Android 9.0 Pie for Nexus 4 [AOSP].
About AOSP Android Pie 9.0
AOSP provides you the best features of android pie 9.0, this custom ROM is completely optimized. AOSP is becoming popular day by day as it’s the most stable ROM available for the devices. Installing AOSP is completely safe, AOSP includes all new features of Android Pie. It also provides some more features to customize your device as you want. If you like the Stock Andriod UI then you are going to love this custom ROM as it has the stock Android UI with pixel launcher which makes it look awesome. In our advice, AOSP andriod Pie 9.0 is the best custom ROM with android pie for Nexus 4. You must download and install it on Nexus 4. Follow this guide to install Andriod Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4[AOSP].
We have prepared this guide step by step so that you won’t face any difficulties while following this guide. Also, we have added the direct downloading links for the files which you will need in order to follow this guide. Don’t skip any step in hurry to install the custom ROM as installing a custom ROM is not too difficult but also not too easy. If you skip any step you may end up bricking your device. Follow this guide to install Andriod Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 [AOSP]
- This will void your warranty and you won’t be able to claim it back
- This guide is only for Nexus 4. Don’t try this on any other devices
- Keep your battery charged above 60 percent
- After installing the custom ROM your data will be wiped So take a backup before proceeding
- Unlock Your bootloader first then proceed to follow this guide
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device while following this guide. Follow this guide at your own risk.
Steps to Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 via AOSP
In order to Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 you have to install TWRP recovery first. If you don’t know what is TWRP recovery then for your information it’s a custom Recovery which allows you to modify system files. TWRP is the best custom recovery available for your device. It will help you to install custom ROMs, take backups and restore backups. TWRP can also help you format your data and operating system completely. You have to install TWRP if you want to install any kind of custom ROM on your smartphone.
Steps to install TWRP on Nexus 4
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
Steps to Install Android Pie 9.0 on Nexus 4 via AOSP
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the AOSP zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the AOSP zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install AOSP GApps on your device
That’s all on how you can install Android 9.0 Pie for Nexus 4. If you have any queries or facing any difficulties in installing Android 9.0 Pie for Nexus 4 then do drop your problems and suggestion in the comment section below. Keep visiting us for latest Android updates for your device.