Download and Install Android Q Beta on Xiaomi Mi 9: Cheer up xiaomi users because today we have brought something amazing for you. Now the Xiaomi Mi 9 users can experience the new Android 10 on their devices. Android 10 is not yet out officially for all the devices. As we all know that before the release of the actual Android version, the beta programs start to roll out. Since the beta program is for the Google pixel and nexus users so how can a Xiaomi device user install it. Don’t worry just sit back and relax we will help you install the new Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi 9. If you want to download and install the android Q on Xiaomi Mi 9 successfully then you must follow this guide.
Xiaomi Mi 9 is one of the latest devices by Xiaomi. Sooner or later it will get the android Q update in it officially but for sure you have to wait for some months or a year. If you want to experience the new android on your smartphone at this time then follow this guide. This guide has been prepared with basic steps. A non-tech guy can also understand this guide easily. This is a step by step guide on how to download and install Android Q beta on Xiaomi Mi 9. All the steps written in this guide are important. Don’t think to skip any of the mentioned steps. If you miss any step then you may end up bricking your device and may not get it working again.
If you are not well known about installing the system updates and other things on your device, then don’t worry you can do it with the help of this guide.
Android 10 Features
1. Dark Mode
As clear from the name this mode will enable the dark theme on your smartphone which will turn out the real AMOLED black colour on your screen. You can toggle the dark mode directly from the notification panel. Just simply swipe down to open the notifications panel and switch the dark mode on. It’s that simple.
Ss, finally we have got the gestures officially from the google for the new android system. The new gestures are similar to some gestures given in the iPhone X and Xs. You can swipe up while in an app quickly to exit it, swipe in and hold to enter the recent menu, or quickly swipe left or right on the bar to switch between your recent apps. To go back, however, you can swipe in from either side of your display and this will bring you back to the previous page. That’s all that you get new in gestures may be more to come in real.
3. Live Captions
This one is something new. With this feature, your smartphone will give you the captions of the videos which are playing on your device irrespective of the player. You may have seen the live caption feature on youtube which is named auto-generated caption on it. This feature will create a big difference in this version and the previous versions of the android.
Focus Mode and Parental Controls
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi A2. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
Since this android is in its beta preview stage so there are some minor bugs which are reported. We will provide you the list of the bugs reported till yet if you face any more bugs in this version then do tell us in the comment section. The bugs which are reported till yet are:
- The alarm does not ring when the device is switched off.
- Unable to switch screen color in “Settings”
- “Settings” app stops running after a user deactivates shortcut to the mute device.
- “Settings” app stops running when “Gesture” is selected in “Settings”
- Unable to ‘Add a fingerprint’.
- Device restarts after the user select wireless projection device in the “Wireless display”.
- “File” app stops running after a refresh.
How to Download and Install Android Q Beta on Xiaomi Mi 9
So now talking about how to install it on your device, follow these steps correctly
- Download the developer beta version of Android 10 for your Xiaomi Mi 9 by the link here.
- Now switch off your device completely. Press the Volume key and the Power button simultaneously this will take you into the fastboot mode.
- Now you will see the Mi Bunny
- Then connect the smartphone to your PC with a data transfer USB cable.
- You need to double click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- To install Mi Flash Tool, Download Mi Flash Tool Zip and Extract the MIUI MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.