Hey, Google Nexus 6 users we have great news for you, Now you can install the latest Mokee Os on Google Nexus 6. If you are into custom ROMs then you will find this as a great successor of your previous ROMs. Google Nexus 6 is a mid-range beast who has killed almost all the devices in its price range. The powerful processor of the new generation fitted in the Google Nexus 6 makes it unbeatable when combined with its other hardware. Google Nexus 6 can easily install any custom ROMs on it as you can unlock it’s bootloader as easily as any other Google Nexus 6 device. If you want to install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6 then you must follow this guide.
Mokee OS is one of the oldest custom ROM reputed to keep its users up to date with the latest android versions and security patches. You don’t have to worry about the updates after installing this custom ROM on your device as you will get each and every latest update on time. Mokee OS is an open-source custom ROM based on the AOSP. The custom ROM came into the market on 12 December 2016 and since then the ROM is getting only the positive reviews. The new version of the Mokee OS ROM is based on the latest android 9.0 which is android pie and is completely stable for almost all of the devices. Since now there are no such major complaints about this ROM on Google Nexus 6 and we believe that in future also you will not face any difficulty while using this custom ROM.
If you want to install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6 successfully without any bugs then you have to follow this guide. This guide has been prepared step by step so don’t miss or skip any step and follow this guide carefully.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Google Nexus 6. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Mokee OS for Google Nexus 6- Download
- Gapps For Mokee OS-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 6. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Google Nexus 6. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 6, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Google Nexus 6
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Google Nexus 6
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Google Nexus 6
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Mokee OS zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Mokee OS zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Mokee OS GApps on your device
That’s all about how to download and install Mokee OS on Google Nexus 6. If you have any queries or questions comment them down in the comment section we will reply as soon as possible. Do visit here for such amazing updates on the Google Nexus 6, we will keep you posted about everything new.