Hello, guys welcome back to some new android development post. This post is for OnePlus 7 Pro users. Now you guys can install the official Omni ROM on your device with the latest android pie in it. Everyone knows that the latest android pie is the most famous and the stable android version available till yet you will get some amazing features in the android pie and you can do a lot of work with ease. Android Pie is released quite a few months ago and still receiving updates over the air. If you are planning to install android pie on OnePlus 7 Pro then you must try this custom ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro. Install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Omni ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro is built on the Android 9 platforms and is the stable one among all the custom ROM built on this android. Omni ROM is available officially for OnePlus 7 Pro. If you want to install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro then you must follow this guide carefully. We have prepared this guide step by step so that you feel no difficulty in following it. Also, the downloading links are attached in the download section.
If you are searching for the best custom ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro built on android 9 platform then your search has come to an end because we have found the best, official and the most stable custom ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro with android 9. Till now there are no major bugs reported for Omni ROM and if you face any minor bug with the ROM then let us know in the comment section.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for OnePlus 7 Pro. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Omni ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro- Download
- Gapps For Omni ROM-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 7 Pro. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 7 Pro, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in OnePlus 7 Pro
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On OnePlus 7 Pro
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Omni ROM zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Omni ROM zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Omni ROM GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install Omni ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro. If you have any questions regarding this topic or have any query after reading this guide then let us know in the comment section. we will try to reply you as soon as possible. Follow this guide completely without missing any steps to avoid any unwanted error. Thank you for stopping by do share it with your friends who need this guide and do visit here regularly to read and know some amazing things about your device and it’s development.