LineageOS releases modded Android Oreo for Google Pixel XL (marlin) users. Now Google users can install LineageOS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL (marlin). We are providing guides to install this official version of LineageOS 15.1. Let begin the guide on How to install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL (marlin) with Android Oreo Rom. Here through this article you can download Android oreo for Google Pixel XL (marlin) and Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel XL (marlin) . Let us start to upgrade your Android Nougat to Android Oreo. This LineageOS 15.1 is based on Android 8.0 . Download and Install Custom rom for Google Pixel XL (marlin) here.
ABOUT Google Pixel XL (marlin)
Google Pixel XL has a Display of 1440 by 2560 resolution and 5.5 inch of the screen. Google Pixel XL has Quad-core 2.5 GHz Processor, and it comes with 4GB of RAM. It is having the storage of 32GB. In the concern with the camera, it has 12 megapixels rear camera and 8 megapixels front camera. Powered by 3450mAh of the battery.
WHAT IS LINEAGEOS
LineageOS, also known as LineageOS Android Distribution and Lineage is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS. If you Install LineageOS 15.1 On Google Pixel XL (marlin), it will mean that you Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel XL (marlin).
FEATURES OF LINEAGEOS
LineageOS offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by mobile device vendors. Features supported by LineageOS include native theme support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, Privacy Guard (per-application permission management application), support for tethering over common interfaces, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, unlockable bootloader and root access, soft buttons, status bar customisation and other “tablet tweaks”, toggles in the notification pull-down (such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS), and other interface enhancements. LineageOS does not contain spyware or bloatware, according to its developers.LineageOS is also said to increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.
Lineage OS 15.1 Features
- Customizable Theme Engine(Blend with Substrum)
- Picture in Picture Mode of Android O
- Notification Dots
- New user interface in Settings
- Split Screen
- Improved battery life
- Notification Snoozing
- Android O Navbar
- New UI in Status Bar and Quick Tiles
- New Emojis based on Android O
And much more.
Why Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel XL (marlin)
Android 8.0 officially named as Oreo, brings some cool new features to Android, specifically in terms of usability and performance.
After Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel XL (marlin),some of the new features I would list are as follows:
- A freshly modified Settings app.
- Better battery saving by limiting third-party apps to access Location and other processes continuously while in background.
- A new Snooze mode for Notifications wherein you can swipe right and snooze a notification for some time. You may customise the time for snoozing the notification after which it will automatically appear.
- New emoticons will show up in Oreo which will make you more lazy.
- Picture-in-Picture mode to view videos while viewing other supported apps.
- Wi-Fi Aware feature wherein two supported phones in close proximity can share content without being on the same Wi-Fi.
- Adaptive app icons for 3rd party developers. That means all app icons will have the same shape like rounded corners.
There are many other small improvements in Android Oreo for both developers and users. Now lets Install Android Oreo on Google Pixel XL (marlin) to get all above features.
As usual, there are a few steps to follow. Fortunately for us, the ease of installing LineageOScomes in part from the small number of prerequisites to installation. It is advisable for those who wish to keep their information to make a backup . So, to install LineageOS, you will need:
- A custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod installed on the device
- First you need to backup all important data.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone.
- Make sure the device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked) before going forward.
- Your Device At Least To 70-80% Charge for flashing.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
In case your device does not have custom recovery , it is imperative to install one. To do this, you can follow one of the many tutorials on the Internet by simply tapping Install TWRP (or CWM) on [device model].
WHAT’S WORKING: – Unknown KNOWN ISSUES: – Unknow
Download Required Files
As you may have noticed, it is not necessary to have a computer. Just click below download buttons, which will be take you to Download the Lineage OS 15.1 corresponding to your Google Pixel XL (marlin).
DOWNLOAD GAPPS (Official)
DOWNLOAD GAPPS (ARM) (Unofficial)
DOWNLOAD GAPPS (ARM64) (Unofficial)
GUIDE TO Install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL (marlin)
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom rom, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Slide on Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL (marlin)
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You succeded to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL (marlin).
Now your mission to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Google Pixel XL (marlin) has been completed successfully. All you have to do is restart your phone, which should work under LineageOS 15.1 . It is then time to restore your backup and recover your data.