- Microsoft hasn’t officially launched it yet, but the writing is on the wall: Windows 10’s live tiles are moving away. Windows 10X has a new Start menu externally live tiles, and we require it to arrive on all versions of Windows 10. Windows 10X is a latest Windows version built from the ground up for new PCs and will start shipping on hardware in 2021.
You Need to Know
- To install Windows 10X, we will use a virtual machine. Window 10X ISO image isn’t out yet, so we will not install it on any physical hardware.
- For this, we will use a VHDX file that can be applied individually on Microsoft’s Hyper-V. The game is that Microsoft Hyper-V is possible only for Windows 10 Pro to require Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education.
- You Don’t run Windows 10X on third-party virtual machine utilization such as VMware, VirtualBox, QEMU, etc.
- Users have AMD GPU then you can’t run Windows 10X virtual machine on your PC.
First, we have to set up Hyper-V. Now to establish all the things you need to know, let us start the process. :
Here’s Set Up Hyper-V
- First, we need to allow virtualization from the BIOS settings. When you start your PC, you will have to go to the BIOS settings on your PC. Just press the BIOS key(To enter BIOS). When the BIOS page is Open, you need to enable “Virtualization.”
- A different name for the virtualization technology looks for “Intel VT-x”, “Intel VT-d” or anything on similar lines in the BIOS menu. Move between various menus and enable virtualization and save the changes by pressing the F10 key.
- Now, Reboot your PC and Hyper-V will have enabled. After that, press the “Windows+R” key to open Run, and then type” optionalfeatures.exe”, and tap enter.
- Now, Scroll up and search for ‘Hyper-V’ tick all boxes and then press the OK button. It will install all the required data, and your computer will request a restart after the installation is done.
- Once your PC reboot, Click the Windows search bar and type, “Hyper-V”, and hit enter.
- Hyper-V will now open.
- Now, you need to download the VHDX file from the link given just below.
- Once Downloading is done, extract the ZIP file and move the Flash.vhdx file to an available location like Desktop. I would suggest saving the file wherever you have a Sufficient amount of storage available.
- Now, open the Hyper-V and click on ‘New’, then click on ‘Virtual Machine’.
- Then After, type in the name for the Virtual Machine, click Next.
- You have to Select Generation 2′ from the menu
- Then, click Next.
- Now, you have to give RAM for your Virtual Machine, its need to to give 3GB or more for smooth performance, then click Next.
- Next, choose “Default Switch” from the drop-down menu then click “Next”.
- After that, click on “Use an existing virtual hard disk” and you need to select the “Flash.vhdx” file through click on the “Browse” button.
- Finally, click on “Finish button “.
- Now, the virtual machine will ready to run the latest version of Windows 10X on your PC.
Here’s install Window 10X
- Finally, We have completed our Hyper-V setup and installed the VDHX file. Now we have to Install the Window 10X on PC.
- First, Right-click on the virtual machine and then After Click “Connect “.
- Now, click on “Start“, and Hyper-V will start the Windows 10X virtual machine direct from the VHDX file.
- Note: This process Will takes 30 minutes, if the VM is attached on a black screen, you will most possible use an AMD GPU.
- Lastly, you will receive a Windows 10X boot animation.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions and login with your Microsoft account. And Also, you can create a PIN during the initial setup.
- Now, Use Windows 10X on your PC and enjoy the experience.
- If you want to end the virtual machine.
- Click on “Action” at the menu and then choose “Turn off “.
- You also want to delete the Windows 10X virtual machine then right-click on the VM and choose “Delete “.
- That’s it.
How to Run Windows 10X Virtual Machine on AMD GPU
There isn’t any good possible way to run Windows 10X via a virtual machine on an AMD GPU at time. You will only run it by disabling the dedicated AMD graphics and using the integrated graphics.
- Right-click on the Start Menu and then After Click the “Device Manager“.
- Now, Browse the ‘Display adapters’ and extend it.
- Then After, Right-click on the AMD GPU and Click the ‘Disable device’.
- Finally, start the VM in Hyper-V Manager, and it will work fine
- Now, you eligible to Boot Window 10X
Hopefully, we believe that you have been now successfully read About “How can you Install Windows 10X on Your PC”. Moreover, you can also check out our website for more related articles on GearAllNews.