If you are thinking that making a custom ROM is difficult and you need much more coding knowledge, then you are wrong. Today, we will tell you the method by which you can create Lineage OS 16 on Windows 10 for your device. Android is an open source project by google so you can create Android-based custom ROMs easily for your device. Lineage OS 16 is based on android Pie, so by creating a new lineage OS 16 for your device means you can get android 9.0 on your device. Building Lineage OS 16 is an easy process but you must have a medium specs PC with you. If you want to build Lineage OS 16 for your device then you must follow this guide correctly.
Lineage OS is the most popular custom ROM available. Lineage OS 16 is one of the first custom ROM to provide android Pie. For some devices Lineage OS 16 is officially available but for some, it’s not. You can create LineageOS 16 for your device if it’s not available for your device. We will guide you to create Lineage OS 16 on windows 10for your device through WSL. WSL (Windows subsystem for Linux) is the software which can help you create your own custom ROM. If you don’t have any basic knowledge about custom ROMs and Android smartphone then we recommend you not to follow this guide as you can permanently damage your device in the process to create it’s custom ROM.
Follow this guide correctly without missing any of the steps as missing any step could cause difficulties in making astable ROM and you may end up bricking your device.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device by following this guide.
- Windows 10 (64 bit) must be installed on your PC
- Your PC should have 256GB or bigger storage disk. SSD is recommended for faster speeds.
- You should have 16 GB of RAM or more installed on your machine.
- Most important: Active Internet Connection.
How to create Lineage OS 16 on Windows 10 for your device via WSL
- Install the Ubuntu 18.04 on your system and open it and enter the following command
- sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y && sudo apt install -y bc build-essential ccache curl g++-multilib gcc-multilib git gnupg gperf imagemagick lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-dev lib32z1-dev liblz4-tool libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libssl-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-8-jdk pngcrush repo rsync schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev
- Now one by one run these commands
mkdir -p ~/android/lineage && cd android/lineage
repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0
breakfast <your device codename>
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_your device brand" path="vendor/your device brand" remote="github" />
make bison WIP
- Finally, start building and brunch your device codename.
That’s all on how you can create Lineage OS 16 on Windows 10 for your device. If you have any queries related to this article feel free to ask them in the comment section below.