Hey, guys if you are searching for some real stable custom ROM build on android pie platform then we can say that your search has come to an end. Now install the latest CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8. CarbonROM 7.0 is an official android pie rom port for Xiaomi Mi 8 so you won’t be able to see any major bugs or problems in the rom, it is one of the most stable custom ROM based on the android pie. Installing it on your device will make it better only. If you want to install CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8 then you must follow this guide.
Google Nexus devices are famous for getting the latest android first so as always Xiaomi Mi 8 is already running on android 9.0 which is android pie but still you know that what a custom ROM is and how it is different from any stock ROMs. You will get updates on time. Some users might like the stock ROM but most of the users like the custom OS and if it is stable one then who would not install it on their device. If you want to install CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8 then follow this guide completely. We have prepared this guide step by step so that you won’t face any difficulty while following it. Each and every step in this guide is equally important so don’t try to miss any steps mentioned in this guide. If you want a successful installation of the custom os on your device then do read the instructions carefully.
All the downloading links are attached in the middle of the article so you won’t have to surf the internet for the links to download the required file.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 8. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- CarbonROM 7 for Xiaomi Mi 8- Download
- Gapps For CarbonROM 7-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 8. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Xiaomi Mi 8
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Mi 8
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 8
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install CarbonROM 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the CarbonROM 7 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the CarbonROM 7 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install CarbonROM 7 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install CarbonROm 7 on Xiaomi Mi 8. If you have any questions regarding this topic or have any query after reading this guide then let us know in the comment section. we will try to reply you as soon as possible. Follow this guide completely without missing any steps to avoid any unwanted error. Thank you for stopping by do share it with your friends who need this guide and do visit here regularly to read and know some amazing things about your device and it’s development.