Hello folks, if you are searching the best custom ROM based on android Pie for Xiaomi Mi A2 then your search has come to an end because we have something amazing for you. Dot OS, you might or might not be aware of this name but we can assure you that this can change your device performance for good. Now you can install the new Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2 if you want something great. Dot OS is a popular name among the custom ROMs and it can enhance your device’s performance very smoothly. If you want to install this custom ROM on your device then you must follow this guide completely. We have explained each and every step in this guide so that you can install Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2 easily.
Xiaomi Mi A2 is a powerful device of its time and the price range in which it lies was breathtaking. Xiaomi Mi A2 was the most popular smartphone of Xiaomi. As everyone knows that sooner or later every device will stop getting android updates and the same happened with the Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi A2 but still we have hope and it is the custom ROMs. Custom ROMs helps a device to stay updated with the latest versions of Android and security patches. If you want to keep your smartphone updated in real-time so you must go for a custom ROM. Dot OS is the best option if you are looking for a stable custom ROM with a great battery management. With Dot oS your smartphone will become more smarter.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi A2 . Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Dot OS pie for Xiaomi Mi A2 – XDA
- Gapps For Dot OS pie-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A2 . The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2 . Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2 .
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A2 , you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Xiaomi Mi A2
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Mi A2
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Mi A2
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Dot OS pie zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Dot OS pie zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Dot OS pie GApps on your device
This is all about how you can download and install the latest Dot OS pie on Xiaomi Mi A2 . Since this is not in its beta mode so you will notice very minor bugs in this custom ROM. You can trust this custom ROM because it has not failed to stand on its safety standards. If you have any doubts related to this topic or faced any difficulty while following this guide then you can tell us in the comment section below. We will try to solve your query as soon as possible. You can also mail us your queries we will get in touch there also as soon as we can.