Cheer up Android users, because Google has released it’s the new Android version which you can install right now on your smartphone if you follow this guide. Google has been very productive this year. The company has released some new flagship killers in the market and also gave 3 new android versions update rapidly one after the another. Till yet Android Pie has not reached many of the smartphones but still, we have this new android Q in the game. Android Q can be the game-changing version because it has some strength which is needed by the new generation smartphones. We haven’t got the sweet name for the new android Q but as always people have started predicting its name so let’s see which new sweet will google give us. Install Google Android Q Beta
As of now, android Q is in its beta preview stage but yes it has reached some of the devices mentioned below. The devices have been officially approved by the google and the update is on the air for them. If you are using a stock ROM with the android Q beta supported devices then you are good to install android Q beta preview 1 on your android smartphone. Tighten up your belts to experience the power of android Q on your device. Install Google Android Q Beta
Supported Devices for Android Q beta
Obviously google devices get the priority in terms of Android updates so, the Android Q beta will be available for only Pixel devices as expected.
The list of phones currently confirmed to support the Android Q beta:
- Google Pixel
- Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 Xl
- Google Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
Can’t find your device in the list?? then sorry you can’t eat this android sweet now, you have to wait till the Google releases the stable version or the next beta preview of this android Q.
Here we will tell you how to download the latest android Q beta and will also guide you to install it on your device officially. If you are interested to test the new android on your device for the first time then you have to follow this guide correctly. We will tell you the official way to install the android Q beta on your smartphone without any risks. Just take a backup of your important media before performing this update on your smartphone. It’s highly recommended to take a backup of your important files, media, chats, contacts, and anything which is important for you because you may lose this data after installing the update. Install Google Android Q Beta.
Android Q Top Features
Android Q will be loaded with tons of new features but here we will list some of the best features that it will provide which can easily be seen after using it for some time on your device. It will also improve your device’s performance.
The main highlights of android Q are mentioned below:
- Android Q allows users to give apps permission to see their location never, only when the app is in use or all the time
- Enhanced privacy protection
- New sharing shortcut
- Wi-Fi performance mode
- New Settings UI layout
- Enhancement for camera
- Improved peer-to-peer and network connectivity.
- Dynamic Depth format for Photos
- Android Q supports AV1 video codec, Opus and HDR10+
- Native Midi API
- Implements ANGLE which is for graphics abstraction layer designed for high-performance OpenGL compatibility
- New Neural Network API 1.2
Download Android Q First Developer Preview Beta
Be the first one to experience android Q on your device by downloading the latest android Q beta preview from these links
|List of Pixel Devices||Links|
- Make sure your device is charged up to 80% or more
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your smartphone
- You need a PC/Laptop to proceed with this guide
- Use the compatible USB cable to connect your device with your PC
- Download and install ADB and fastboot tools on your PC
- Install required device drivers on your PC
How to Install Google Android Q Beta
Since the process is simple to follow so there are no risks involved in installing android Q beta on your device.
- Open the Android Beta Program website.
- Select the Opt In option on the device that you’d like to use for the beta. Your device will now be enrolled in the Android Beta Program.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the beta program and click Join Beta.
- On your phone, open Settings > System > Advanced > System Updates. Click the Restart Now button, and your phone will install the Android Q beta.
- Download the Android Q From Developer Preview Beta for your Pixel device.
- Then copy the downloaded zip file to the folder where you have installed the ADB fastboot.
- Now connect your device to the computer using the USB Cable.
- In ADB folder, do Right Click + Shift > click Open PowerShell Window here.
- Now turn off your device.
- Now To enter the fastboot mode, Press Vol Down + Power button for few seconds till your device vibrates.
- On the command prompt, type the following command to check whether your phone is properly connected with PC. It will return a serial number which indicates a successful connection.
- Now again in the command prompt, run this command to enter bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now run the command one by one to initiate the installation process.
flash-all.bat (for windows based system)
./flash-all.sh (for unix/MAC OS)
That’s all on how you can install android Q beta on your smartphone. It’s obvious that you will discover some minor bugs while using this version of android because it’s still in it’s beta preview stage. For those who don’t know what’s a beta stage is then for them Beta preview stage is the testing stage of softwares where the first built is given to those who are enrolled in the developer program of that software so that they can test and report bugs. Sooner or later all devices will get the stable stage of android 10 which is android Q. If you find this writing helpful then do share this wth your friends and keep visiting us to know somethings new about the android and it’s development.