How to Install Latest TWRP Custom Recovery on any Android Device : Everyone out there wants to have the best smartphone experience they can get. People love customizing their phones either by installing differents launchers or by installing custom ROMs. Rooting lets you customize your phone the way you want instead of buying new phones every year to experience the latest Android you can simply flash a custom ROM with the latest version of Android. But one of the most essential steps to start customizing your phone is to install a custom recovery. While every smartphone comes with a stock recovery but frankly it’s not that useful.
What is a Custom Recovery?
Custom recovery is a third-party recovery that replaces the stock recovery of your smartphone. Custom recoveries let you flash custom ROMs, zip files and even lets you create a full system backup including your Stock ROM. TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) is one of the best custom recoveries for Android.
Here are some prerequisites before you can install TWRP recovery on your device:
- You Need a PC.
- You must have an Unlocked Bootloader.
- Search and Download the TWRP recovery image file for your Device.
- You need to install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- You need to enable USB debugging on your device. Tap on your Build Number 7-8 time in the about phone section and enable developer option the go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Rename your TWRP image file to twrp.img.
How to Install Latest TWRP Custom Recovery on any Android Device
Now that everything is all set up all you need to do is follow the steps below to install TWRP custom recovery on your device.
1. Install Via ADB:
- On your PC, open the folder where your TWRP recovery image file is saved.
- Inside the folder, press Shift + Right Click in white space inside the folder and click on Open command window here.
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now type in the following command to boot your device in fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
- Then your device will boot into bootloader mode.
- Now type in the following command to flash the custom recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once this is done, type the following command to reboot your device: fastboot reboot
2. Install Using TWRP Manager:
For this method, you need a rooted device. Now follow the steps below to install TWRP recovery:
- Download and install the Official TWRP App on your device from Google Playstore.
- Now Open the App.
- Grant root permissions to the App.
- Firstly, Click on “Backup Existing Recovery” and to create a backup of your stock ROM.
- Now click on “TWRP Flash” and tap on “Select Device” now choose your device model from the list.
- Now you’ll be prompted to a download page in the web browser. Download the latest version of TWRP image file available for your device.
- Now head back to the “TWRP Flash” menu and tap on “Select a File to Flash” from there navigate to the downloaded TWRP image file and select the file.
- Then you are ready, just tap on the “Flash to Recovery” button and click okay on the prompt.
- Now Reboot into the TWRP recovery using the Official TWRP App.
- When you are in recovery mode you’ll see a prompt to make the TWRP recovery your permanent recovery, just swipe the slider that says “Swipe to Allow Modifications” and you are all set.
Now you are all set to flash different Custom ROMs, zip files, and do a lot of customizations.