You have been roaming on the internet to find the best custom ROM for your device then you have reached the correct spot. Today here we will explain to you How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8. If you are into custom ROMs or android development then you must have heard the name of Resurrection Remix here and there, the Resurrection Remix os is a custom ROM with lots of features. If you have used the Resurrection remix earlier in any smartphone then you must have known that how smoothly it works. Resurrection Remix has now become a brand name in custom ROMs and to continue this reputation the developers of this ROM won’t disappoint you this time also. If you want to know how to download and install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8 then follow this guide.
You might know that Android 10 is the latest version of android available till yet, very few smartphones have got the official update for it and maybe it will reach your device soon but you can’t bet on that. Sometimes over time, the older devices will stop getting the latest updates then you should switch to the custom ROMs. Custom ROMs are not harmful to your device, you can install them without any worries. If you want to know that How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8 then you must follow this guide.
We have prepared this guide step by step with all the downloading links included so that you can follow the guide correctly. Don’t try to miss any step because it can harm your device or can give you unexpected results. Each and every step mentioned in this guide is equally important.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 8. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Resurrection Remix 10 for Xiaomi Mi 8- Download
- Gapps For Resurrection Remix 10-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 8. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Xiaomi Mi 8
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Mi 8
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 8
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Resurrection Remix 10 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Resurrection Remix 10 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Resurrection Remix 10 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install Resurrection Remix 10 on Xiaomi Mi 8. After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts.