How to Download and Install Super GSI Installer: Updates on Android devices are very inconsistent as compared to iOS. To fix this issue and to bring faster updates, Google introduced Dynamic Partitions. If the system is included in the dynamic partition, the user cannot flash the system image files using fastboot mode. For this, you need to have a GSI installer. Here’s Super GSI Installer Tool that allows the Android user to install Generic System Images on their dynamic partitions.
Generic System Images is a system image that comes with adjusted configurations for Android devices. It is considered as the pure Android implementation with unmodified Android Open Source Project code. The best part about Generic System Image ROMs is that they can be installed on multiple devices and can be quickly updated to a new version. But unlike specific ROMs, they are not optimized and are quite unstable. Dynamic Partitions are userspace partition, which you can create, resize, or destroy during over-the-air (OTA) updates. Using Dynamic Partitions you don’t have to worry about individual sizes of partitions. But it is somewhat different to install GSI ROM on Dynamic Partition. Before starting with the process, here are some prerequisites:
- Create a complete backup of your device before starting with the process.
- Make sure your device is at least 80% charged.
- GSI ROMs are unstable as they are pure Android implementation without any modifications, so don’t install them on your daily driver.
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery (like TWRP) installed on your device.
How to Download and Install Super GSI Installer
Now that you have checked all the prerequisites it’s time to start with the process. So Here’s a quick guide on How to install GSI ROM on a Dynamic Partition Based Device:
- Download the Super GSI Installer.
- Move the file to the Main Directory of the device storage.
- Download the GSI ROM you want to install.
- Rename it to system.img and move it to the Main Directory of the device storage.
- Reboot your Device in TWRP Recovery.
- Create a Nandroid backup.
- Click Install and select the GSI ROM file.
- Swipe the Slider to confirm the installation.
- Now your GSI image is successfully installed.
Now your device will reboot in the Generic System Image ROM you flashed without any hassle. The Super GSI Installer really comes in handy when you are trying to flash GSI ROMs on your devices.