OnePlus has released an update to OxygenOS for the OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones. The firmware at number 5.0.3 includes bug fixes, new features, a fresh security patch, as well as the long-awaited support for Face Unlock technology.
An incremental update begins to spread from today and will be available to all users within 1-3 weeks. If you do not want to wait or prefer a “clean” installation, you can download OxygenOS 5.0.3 and download the firmware to your smartphone yourself .
As soon as you finish the installation *update, you can proceed with setting up Face Unlock. Go to Settings → Location and Security → Face Unlock → Add Face and follow the on-screen instructions. We advise you to go out into the street or into a room with a good natural light.
If you performed a “clean” firmware installation, the system itself will offer to install Face Unlock protection when the device is first configured.
What’s new in OxygenOS 5.0.3 for OnePlus 3 and 3T:
- May security patch
- Support for Face Unlock
- Shelf desktop design has been updated
- Updated the design of application shortcuts
- The possibilities of shortcuts are extended
- Places: view photos by location
- The category “Large files
- Added a new weather widget
- Improved accuracy of position recognition
- Added the ability to set the interval for updating weather information.