Many Galaxy S8 smartphone owners are having trouble downloading the device when hanging on the screen with the Samsung logo display. The reasons can be both hardware and software. If the smartphone is able to load all hardware components, you can block their ability to fail. In this case, the problem may be with the firmware of the software and can be corrected.
We will look at various methods for determining the Galaxy S8 hanger on the Samsung logo screen. The first two methods will be the simplest and will most likely fix the problem. If this does not happen, the last technically complicated method is recommended.
Previously, most smartphones had disposable batteries. Now, if the smartphone hangs, you can not turn it off. However, there is a simple solution. You can use a forced restart of the device in the event of software failure will help eliminate it.
There are combinations of different buttons by clicking on which will allow the Galaxy S8 to restart. Press and hold the volume control button and the power button until the smartphone vibrates. This will mean the principle of forced restart. Make sure the battery level is high enough. If less than 20%, charge the device first. In most cases, a forced reboot will correct the hang on the Samsung logo screen.
Download in Safe Mode allows you to solve 99% of problems with smartphones. In safe mode, installed third-party applications are disabled. If problems are caused by them, they are not in safe mode.
- Turn off the smartphone
- Press and hold the power button. Release the button when the Samsung logo appears
- After that, immediately press and hold the volume control down until the smartphone is reset .
- In the lower right corner of the screen, the word “Safe Mode” appears.
- Release the volume control
If the smartphone in this mode works correctly, it is recommended that you remove all third-party applications. This will get rid of it hanging on the Samsung logo screen. You can uninstall apps one at a time and see if the problem has been fixed.
Delete The Cache Partition
Removing the cache on your smartphone can resolve a device boot problem. To remove the cache partition, you must boot in recovery mode.
- Turn off the smartphone
- Press and hold the Bixby button and volume control up, then press the power button
- Release the power button when turning on the screen and keep holding the other two buttons
- Release all buttons when the Android logo appears
You are now in recovery mode. With volume control, you can move the selection up and down in the list. Select the cache partition option and press the power button. This cleans the entire cache of your smartphone. However, user data on the device will not be deleted, only temporary files.
Install The Firmware With SmartSwitch
The days have passed when you installed the warehouse software with odin. Samsung offers a simple method for installing new software copies. This is why there is a program called the Smart Switch.
If the methods described above have not helped and continue to stick on to the smartphone display with the Samsung logo, follow the instructions below.
- Download the Smart Switch
- Install the program on your smartphone
- Connect the Galaxy S8 to the computer using a cable
- Back up your smartphone
- Select Emergency Software Recovery and Initialization from the menu
- Select Software Update and Initialization
- You may need to enter the IMEI number.
- The latest firmware version is downloaded
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install.