How to Get Android 11 latest Developer preview on any Device: Google has this Habit of Keeping the Developer Previews of the Upcoming Latest Android to Its Very Own Smartphone Lineup Of Pixel Devices. They did the Same with the Latest Android Beta, i.e., The Developer Preview of Upcoming Android 11. As of now, You can Download the Developer Preview for Android 11 on Pixel 2, 3, 3a, and 4. The First Generation Pixel Devices are out of the Picture. Even Though the Developer Previews are So Buggy Most People want to lay their hands on the Upcoming Android Before Everyone Else But Not Everyone Owns a Pixel Device Some People Prefer Other Flagships Too.
There a Way You Can Still Lay Your Hands on the Latest Android 11 without Owning a Pixel Device But Let me tell you this Process is Not for the People Who Wants a Stable Experience on Their Smartphone, This Process is for the People Who Want to Stay Ahead From The Rest Of The World. The First Step is To Have a Device that Supports Project Treble. You can Check Here if your device is Project Treble Supported.
Now that you know that your Device supports Project Treble You are Good to Go. We are going to Flash a GSI(Generic System Image) ROM, Unlike Custom ROMs it’s not device-specific but it can be flashed just like Custom ROMs. Compared to Custom ROMs the GSI ROMs are Filled with a Lot More Bugs Some Features like Camera, Bluetooth, or VoLTE may not work. (NOTE: This process involves a lot of Risks.)
- An Unlocked Bootloader.
- Project Treble Supported Device.
- Custom Recovery Installed. (Preferably TWRP)
- Backup all your Data on the Device.
How to Get Android 11 latest Developer preview on any Device
- Android 11 Developer Preview GSI Image is available for Download on XDA. Apart from Pixel Devices, There will be two more options, one for x86 CPUs and another for the ARM64 CPUs. Download for Your corresponding device and place it on your Flash Drive or Desktop.
- Reboot your device into your Custom Recovery (TWRP).
- Tap on Wipe and Select the Following Categories- System, Data, Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache and Perform the Wipe. If you want a Completely clean Experience Wipe Your Internal Storage as Well.
- Copy the Android 11 GSI Image to Your Device or Connect the OTG Flash drive having the Image.
- Now Reboot in TWRP Recovery so it can detect your OTG Storage.
- Now Click on Install.
- Select the Android 11 GSI Image and Install it.
- After the installation, your phone will take a few minutes to Boot Up.
- And You are DONE!
Now that you’ve followed the above steps and the installation went well you’ll see Android 11 Running on Your Non-Pixel Device though it will be not as good as a Custom ROM because unlike Custom ROMs, the GSI ROMs are not device-specific and not that well optimized. If you feel like the GSI ROM is too Buggy and Unusable you can always go back to some other Custom ROM or the Stock ROM as well.
That’s all on How to Get Android 11 latest Developer preview on any Device. If you have any queries or suggestions you can drop them down in the comment section we will get back to you as soon as possible. Visit our blog for some interesting posts like this.