How to get Resurrection Remix Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 6X: When it comes to software support,Android has always been far behind Apple’s iOS. Android users have this option of Rooting their device and flashing a Custom ROM. But flashing a custom ROM is no doubt a tedious task, right from unlocking the bootloader to choosing a perfect ROM for your device
When it comes to a Stable custom ROM experience the names you can rely on are quite a handful, Pixel Experience, AOSP, Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix naming a few. Recently, Resurrection Remix released the Android 10 based ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6X and gave this 5 years old smartphone a new life. This ROM brings all the features which Android 10 has to offer like Dark Theme, Smart Reply in all messaging apps, Enhanced location and privacy tools, Incognito mode for Google Maps, Focus mode, Live Caption, New parental controls, and more. Android 10 also introduced 50+ new emojis and different icon shapes like Square, Teardrop, Rounded Rectangle, and more The best Aspects of Resurrection Remix ROMs are:
Resurrection Remix Android 10 Features
- Stability: It is one of the most stable ROM out there with almost no bugs and it provides you with a very seamless experience.
- OTA Updates: There is no need for you to flash the new version of the ROM every single time. You will get OTA (Over the Air) updates just like you get on stock Android.
- Battery-Friendly: Resurrection Remix is a very battery-friendly OS without compromising on performance.
- Customizability: Resurrection Remix comes with a lot of customization options. It a perfect combination of stock Android with a lot of customizability.
- Security Updates: Resurrection Remix is very secure, it comes with monthly security updates to give you a very secure experience.
Here are some prerequisites to keep in mind before starting the process of Flashing Resurrection Remix on your Xiaomi Mi 6X:
- Your Device Should be Charged up to 70% or 80%.
- Your device will factory reset during the process. Create a full backup of your device.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for your device installed on your PC.
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 10 GApps Package Zip File.
- Make sure you have adb and fastboot already setup on your PC.
- USB debugging must be turned on.
- Make sure your device has an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed
How to get Resurrection Remix Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 6X
Before you can install Resurrection Remix on your Xiaomi Mi 6X you need to unlock the bootloader and install a Custom recovery (TWRP) on your device. Think of bootloader as a security checkpoint or a manager that runs when your device boots up. Manufacturers keep the bootloader locked for security measures as it prevents the user from installing any third party zip files and also doesn’t allow the user to flash a Custom ROM. Follow the steps below to unlock the bootloader mode and install custom recovery on your device:
How to unlock the Bootloader
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 6X.
You have to unlock the bootloader in order to follow this guide. If you did then you will end up with the unexpected results if you try to install this firmware on your android device without unlocking its bootloader.
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Mi 6X (Optional)
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on OnePlus 6T. TWRP is a custom recovery that will allow you to install some different firmware on your android device. In this recovery, you can interact through the touchscreen of your device and there’s no need to use volume rockers. Not only the Twrp will help you install custom ROMs but it has some other benefits too. You can also take a nandroid backup using the TWRP. Follow these steps to install the TWRP on your device.
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device, follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
How to install Resurrection Remix Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 6X
Now that you have successfully unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 6X its time to flash Resurrection Remix Android 10 on your device. Follow the steps below to flash Resurrection Remix on your Xiaomi Mi 6X:
- Boot your device in TWRP recovery.
- Now perform a factory reset on your device, Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data. Then Swipe to Wipe.
- Now Go to the Main Menu and tap on Install.
- In there Locate the Resurrection Remix ROM zip file.
- and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- After the flashing the ROM, Flash the GApps by following the steps 3,4 and 5.
- Now Select Wipe cache/Dalvik from the bottom left side of the screen, & Swipe to Wipe.
- And then tap on Reboot. Your device will reboot running Resurrection Remix.
You can also flash Magisk Manager or SuperSU to Root your device to get even more customization options. And now you have a 5 years old Xiaomi Mi 6X running almost close to stock Android 10 with all the features that Android 10 has to offer plus the customization options that Resurrection Remix has to offer. There is no major issue/bug reported as of now. The ROM runs perfectly with all the features working just fine.
The first bootup can take a little bit of time no need to worry there. Now your Xiaomi Mi 6X is up and running with Android 10 and you can enjoy all the features of Android 10 without any hiccups plus you don’t need to spend money to buy a new smartphone just to experience Android 10. That’s all on How to get Resurrection Remix Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 6X. Follow our blog for some more interesting posts daily.