Are you using an outdated version of android on your smartphone? if yes then we have something that could interest you for real. Xiaomi Redmi Y2 or Xiaomi Redmi S2 can now be upgraded to Android 9.0 which is an android pie. Yes, now you can do it with the help of a custom ROM. Now, if you are a fan of google stock android looks then this custom ROM might attract you because this ROM is also based on google’s stock android. If you want to know How to Install AOSIP Andriod 9 on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) then follow this guide.
A question might raise inside your head that why should you use a custom ROM. You must have heard some rumors about the custom ROMs that they can spoil a device completely and it’s not safe to install a custom ROM. Well, allow us to clear all your doubts. Custom ROMs are not unsafe to be installed on any device, a custom ROM also gets the android security patch update every month so your device will be safe. Installing a corrupted or unstable custom ROM on your device can damage it but installing a stable custom ROM cannot harm your device. So stop believing any of the rumors about the custom ROM and install this AOSIP android 9 custom ROM on your device.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2). Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone, and you may not be able to receive it back.
- AOSIP android 9 for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2)-Download
- Gapps For AOSIP android 9-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Install AOSIP Android 9 on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2)
This guide is divided into three sections, so follow it accordingly without skipping anything mentioned.
1. Unlock the bootloader
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we will explain it to you here. In order to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device, you have to get the permission to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi device. In case you don’t know a thing about how to do it just follow the steps written below:
- Login to the Mi account on your device
- Open developers option in the settings menu and search for unlock status there you will see an option to add an account, click on it to verify with your device.
- Also in the developers option turn on the OEM unlock and USB Debugging if it is not already switched on.
- Now on your PC download, the Mi unlock tool and install it.
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC and sign in with the same account.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot it into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding the volume down key and power button together for some time until your smartphone vibrates.
- Once you are booted into the fastboot mode, connect your device with PC via charging cable.
- Now on your tool, you will see a button to unlock click it allow all the permissions.
- Now, wait for the tool to unlock your bootloader.
- If your bootloader gets unlocked then your device will reboot
- If in case some error occurred at 99% and it says you have to wait for like 165 or for some hundred of hours then you have no choice other than waiting.
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2)
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2)
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device, follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install AOSIP Android 9 on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2)
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode, Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the AOSIP android 9 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the AOSIP android 9 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install AOSIP android 9 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install AOSIP android 9 on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2). After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully, then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts.