Cheer up Xiaomi users now you can download and install the latest Android 10 on your device. As we all know that android 10 is the latest android version available till yet so being the latest one, it is not available for many devices. Every time a new android releases most of the flagship devices are the first one to get that but sometimes due to any reason you can’t get the update even if you have the flagship device then what to do? don’t worry. We are here to solve this problem. If you don’t want to wait anymore to install android 10 on your device, then you have to follow this guide. This guide is about How to install AOSIP android 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
Now most of you who are landed here just by reading the android 10 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S then for their information, they have missed the word AOSIP written in between the title. The AOSIP is the custom ROM, if you don’t know what a custom ROM is and why do we need to install a custom ROM on our device then stick to this article, all the information relevant to this topic is shared in this guide. You just have to follow it correctly.
If you are new in installing the custom ROMs on the android device then also you won’t find any step difficult to follow. Every step is elaborated in this guide so that you can follow this guide easily. Just don’t skip any step because skipping anything could cause permanent damage to your device and you won’t be able to get it back. Only in case if you have any important file stored on your device then take a backup of it.
Why Custom ROMs?
Before answering this question, I would initially tell you about the custom ROMs. Now, custom ROMs are the custom made operating system based on android open source which is developed and maintained by some individual or group of non-professional coders. Custom ROMs are not dangerous or bad for your smartphone’s health; it keeps your device healthy with increased performance results. The custom ROMs receive updates faster than the stock ROMs though the updates are not stable, but also they are not that unstable. Custom ROMs supports all kind of devices. One can install a custom ROM easily on their device if they have any good recovery software installed on their device.
The simplest answer to the question Why custom ROMs would be because it has the latest features of android and it keeps on updating time to time, unlike the stock ROMs which have limited updates. Using a custom ROM, you can always keep your device up to date with the latest android version and its features, but with the stock ROM, you can’t. Custom ROM has some amazing option of its own by which you can customize your device according to your interest.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone, and you may not be able to receive it back.
- AOSIP android 10 for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S-Download
- Gapps For AOSIP android 10-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Install AOSIP Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
This guide is divided into three sections, so follow it accordingly without skipping anything mentioned.
1. Unlock the bootloader
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device, follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install AOSIP Android 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode, Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the AOSIP android 10 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the AOSIP android 10 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install AOSIP android 10 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install AOSIP android 10 on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully, then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts.