Hey, guys if you are searching for an android 10 custom ROM then we can say now that your search will end at the end of this post as we have brought a stable and latest custom ROM which is also famous by its name. AOSP 10.0 is now available for downloading and you can install it on Sony Xperia X. As we all know that Sony Xperia X comes with stock android so to continue the stock android UI you can use the AOSP custom ROMs as all the ROMs developed on AOSP will provide you stock android UI with some additional features. If you want to install AOSP 10 on Sony Xperia X then you must follow this guide.
AOSP is famous for its name in the custom ROM market for providing time to time updates and stable performance. As of now there are no major bugs reported against this ROM so you can trust it and install it on your device. With this ROM you will get all the new features of the android 10 on your device and installing it is as easy as installing any software on your PC, you just have to follow this guide carefully. We have created this guide step by step so that all of you can follow it easily. This guide is designed for beginners in installing any custom ROM so we won’t think that anything will go wrong if you follow it orderly. We have arranged this guide step by step so don’t try to skip any step as skipping anything will cause unsuccessful installation of the custom ROM which can ultimately lead to bricking of your device. Follow the guide carefully.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia X. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- AOSP 10 for Sony Xperia X- Download
- Gapps For AOSP 10-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install AOSP 10 on Sony Xperia X
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Sony Xperia X. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Sony Xperia X. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install AOSP 10 on Sony Xperia X.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Sony Xperia X, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Sony Xperia X
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Sony Xperia X
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Sony Xperia X
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install AOSP 10 on Sony Xperia X
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the AOSP 10 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the AOSP 10 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install AOSP 10 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install AOSP 10 on Sony Xperia X. If you face any difficulties in installing the ROM in your device then comment your issue down we will try to get back to you with a solution. Follow this guide completely without missing any steps to avoid any unwanted error. Thank you for stopping by do share it with your friends who need this guide and do visit here regularly to read and know some amazing things about your device and it’s development.