How to Install BlissROMs on Asus ZenFone 5Z: The best part about owning an iOS device is that you get software updates for like 5 consecutive years. Have a look at the iPhone 6s, it was released back in 2015 but is still running on the latest iOS 13, but when it comes to Android you can expect the software update for 2 or a maximum of 3 years. Take a look at the budget king of Motorola’s lineup, the Asus ZenFone 5Z, released back in 2017 it was one the best budget phone in the market, out of the box it runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and was upgradable to Android 8.1 Oreo, that’s just 1 major Android Update. On the other hand, iPhone 6s runs on iOS 9.0 out of the box and is upgradable to iOS 13.5, that’s 4 major OS updates.
While Most Android Smartphones are fully capable of handling the latest Android Versions the manufacturers still not provide the Software Updates like in the case of Asus ZenFone 5Z and many other phones. Asus ZenFone 5Z is still running on Android 8.1 while it is fully capable of running the latest Android 10 Q without any hiccups.
We have written this guide step by step so that everyone who is new in this business can follow it easily. We would like to warn you that installing a custom ROM is a tricky thing so if you don’t do it correctly you may end up losing control on your device so, follow the guide carefully.
Android 10 Major Features
Here are some major features on android 10:
The most in-demand feature is the dark mode, it just looks amazing. While you Require an OLED display to take full advantage of this feature but it looks equally amazing on an LCD panel as well. It protects your vision too. But Android 8.1 oreo doesn’t have a system-wide Dark Mode support like on Android 10 Q.
Smart Replies to All Messaging Apps:
This feature on Android 10 makes use of machine learning and suggests you some responses that you can send which feels suitable according to the message.
Gestures Enable UI:
With Android 10 you get gesture navigation across the UI. Now using swipes and taps you can switch between apps or go to the home screen without having softkeys on your bottom chin. You can enable gesture navigation by going into Settings> System > Gestures > System navigation and select Gesture navigation.
QR Code for Wifi:
Android 10 lets you create a QR Code that you can scan on other devices and connect to the Wifi. These features really comes in handy and save us a lot of time.
Better Control Over Notifications:
Notifications on Android were Okayish until Android 10. Android 10 gives us a lot of control over notifications. Loads of customization option comes in the notification settings of Android 10 Q.
Another really great feature that comes with Android 10 Q is Live Captions. It can create captions for a video that doesn’t matter if the video comes with captions or not.
Incognito Mode for Google Maps:
While all other Google Apps like Google Chrome, YouTube comes with a private search option so now they decided to do the same with Google Maps. Now users can search and navigate to a place without having data saved to your Google Account.
The Motorola Asus ZenFone 5Z with Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core CPU paired with 2/3GB of RAM is completely capable of running Android 10 Q. There is a wide range of custom ROMs available for this budget king ranging from Pixel Experience to Lineage OS. But we are going with the Bliss ROM based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Bliss ROM will give your device a new life. The Bliss ROM comes with a lot of customization options. Bliss ROM is considered as one of the best custom ROM for the Asus ZenFone 5Z. Just like Lineage OS, Bliss ROM is also making a Solid for itself in the custom ROM community.
- Download USB Drivers for Asus ZenFone 5Z.
- Download Android SDK and Platform Tools On Your PC.
- Should have an Unlocked Bootloader on Your Device.
- Download a Copy of Bliss ROM on Your PC.
- Download Google Apps (GApps) Package you want to flash.
- Download the image file of TWRP recovery for your Asus ZenFone 5Z.
Before you start the process keep in mind that your phone will be factory reset so keep a backup of your phone. Your device can get damaged or brick. You’ll lose the warranty of your device. Now follow the steps below to install Bliss ROM on your Asus ZenFone 5Z
How to Install BlissROMs on Asus ZenFone 5Z
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Asus ZenFone 5Z Plus.
You cannot proceed to follow this guide if your bootloader is locked. If you do so then it will end up with the unexpected results if you try to install this firmware on your android device without unlocking its bootloader.
- Place the .img file of Asus ZenFone 5Z TWRP recovery in the platform-tools folder of Android SDK. Also, copy the same file to your device along with Bliss ROM and GApps file.
- Now boot your device in fastboot mode. To get into fastboot mode first switch off your device and then press the volume down and power key simultaneously.
- Inside the platform-tools folder, type in cmd in the address bar and press Enter this will open a command prompt.
- Now Enter this command ( fastboot boot twrp.img ) to enter into TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, Wipe all Data/ Perform a factory reset and wipe Dalvik Cache as well.
- Now Go to install, select the Bliss ROM, and flash it on your device.
- If You want a custom recovery as well, flash the recovery (.img) file.
- Now Tap on Reboot and Click on Recovery to Reboot into recovery mode again.
- Then tap on install and flash the GApps file again.
- Now tap on Reboot and click on System and you are done.
- If you want to root your device you can even download and flash Magisk Manager on your Asus ZenFone 5Z.
The first bootup can take a little bit of time no need to worry there. Now your Asus ZenFone 5Z is up and running with Android 10 and you can enjoy all the features of Android 10 without any hiccups plus you don’t need to spend money to buy a new smartphone just to experience Android 10.