How to Install crDroid 6 on Google Nexus 6: If you are into the custom ROMs then you might have heard about the Custom ROM crDroid, well now it’s available for the Google Nexus 6 with the new android 10 updates. Now OnePlus users can experience crDroid 6 with android 10 in their smartphones. crDroid has brought a stable custom ROM this time for the OnePlus users so you don’t have to worry about the bugs because as of now there are no such major bugs reported in this custom ROM which can harm your device or can cause trouble while using it. If you want to know where to download this custom ROM and how to install it on your device then follow this guide from tip to toe. We have mentioned all the important steps on How to Install crDroid 6 on Google Nexus 6.
There are not many options for the Google Nexus 6 when it comes to the Andriod 10 custom ROMs but whatever options we have crDroid can be the best one. Since crDroid provide all the new features of android 10 in this custom ROM with its customizable options, this custom ROM will be the best for your device. Also, this is an official built so you should not worry about the regular updates because you will be getting updates every month. In case if you notice anything wrong in this custom ROM or you find any bug then you can reach directly to the ROM developer from the settings of your custom ROM and report it, the bug will soon be struck off.
We have written this guide step by step so that everyone who is new in this business can follow it easily. We would like to warn you that installing a custom ROM is a tricky thing so if you don’t do it correctly you may end up losing control on your device so, follow the guide carefully.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for OnePlus 7. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone, and you may not be able to receive it back.
- crDroid 6 android 10 for Google Nexus 6-Download
- Gapps For crDroid 6 android 10-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Install crDroid 6 on Google Nexus 6
This guide is divided into three sections, so follow it accordingly without skipping anything mentioned. If you skip anything in this guide then you can end up bricking your smartphone. Some times you won’t be able to restore the condition of your android device so do follow this carefully.
1. Unlock the bootloader
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 6.
You cannot proceed to follow this guide if your bootloader is locked. If you did then you will end up with the unexpected results if you try to install this firmware on your android device without unlocking its bootloader.
2. Install TWRP On Google Nexus 6
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Google Nexus 6. TWRP is a custom recovery that will allow you to install some different firmware on your android device. In this recovery, you can interact through the touchscreen of your device and there’s no need to use volume rockers. Not only the Twrp will help you install custom ROMs but it has some other benefits too. You can also take a nandroid backup using the TWRP. Follow these steps to install the TWRP on your device.
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device, follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install crDroid 6 Android 10 on Google Nexus 6
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode, Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the crDroid 6 android 10 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install. Then search for the crDroid 6 android 10 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install crDroid 6 android 10 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to install crDroid 6 android 10 on Google Nexus 6. After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully, then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts. We bring new content daily just for you guys.