Android Pie is getting popular day by day, most of the new smartphones have android pie pre-installed in them. Android Pie hasn’t reached all of the new devices but most of the users are using it. this guide is for those users who haven’t got the official Android pie update on their smartphones. Through this guide, we will tell you how to install crDroid pie on Motorola One Power. Motorola One Power may or may not get the official Android pie update but don’t worry, Till then you can use a custom ROM developed on android Pie platform to experience the new android on your Motorola One Power.
crDroid is one of the most trusted custom ROMs in the tech community. crDroid provides the most stable custom ROMs based on the latest updates and software configurations. Since the ROM is in beta testing period so you may or may not face bugs while using the ROM. We will keep this guide as simple as we can. You have to follow this guide completely to successfully install crDroid pie on Motorola One Power.
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola One Power. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Motorola One Power. Then the third and final section will guide you how to install crDroid on Motorola One Power.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Motorola One Power. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- CrDroid for Motorola One Power-Download
- Gapps For crDroid-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install crDroid pie on Motorola One Power
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Motorola One Power, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Motorola One Power .
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Motorola One Power
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Motorola One Power
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install crDroid pie for Motorola One Power
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the crDroid pie zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the crDroid pie zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install crDroid pie GApps on your device
This will install the crDroid pie on Motorola One Power. We are sorry if you face any bug after installing this ROM on your device as this ROM is in it’s beta testing stage so you may face some minor bugs while using your smartphone.
This is all about how to download and install crDroid pie on Motorola One Power easily. If you have issues in following this guide then you can comment your problems down in the comment section or even you can mail us your problem. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Keep visiting here to know more about your device.