How to install Kodi on iPhone and iPad: Most of us these days consume media on our phones and tablets rather than using a dedicated laptop or computer. Media doesn’t mean only videos, it includes music, movies, TV shows, photos, and more. For each type of media, you need a specific media player like for watching TV shows and movies you need VLC player, for photos your need the Preview app or Google Photos, for music you may Spotify or Google Music App. But we can stream and view all our media using Kodi. Kodi is a free open source software that serves the purpose of a media player and an entertainment hub. It is available for Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android.
Kodi is capable of viewing and playing most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local as well as network storage media and from the internet. The biggest advantage of using Kodi is its user create add-ons for popular web services, scripts, applications, Gaming, Lyrics, Video, Audio, Web Interface, Weather, and more.
While it is fairly easy to install Kodi on Linux, OSX, Windows, and Android but it’s a whole other game on iOS. Classic Apple, you’ll not find Kodi in the App Store, and just like every other thing that’s missing you’ve one option that is to jailbreak your device but not every time. The simple way to install Kodi on your iPhone/iPad is by using Cydia Impactor.
How to install Kodi on iPhone and iPad
Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool that is used to IPA files on your iOS device. IPA files are just like the APK files for the Android but unlike APK files you can’t just put them on your Device storage and install it. All you need to do is download Cydia Impactor and Kodi.IPA file. After doing this just follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac. Close the iTunes if it pops up.
- Open the Cydia Impactor.
- After opening the Cydia Impactor, drag-and-drop the Kodi IPA file you downloaded before on the Cydia Impactor app.
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad is selected drop-down menu.
- Now click on start.
- Cydia Impactor will ask you to log in to your Apple ID. (You can even use some other Apple ID if you have privacy concerns)
- After the App is installed, now head to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management (this may vary slightly depending on your version of iOS), find the profile with your Apple ID, and open it.
- Tap the trust button to the ‘Trust’ Kodi app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Now you’ve successfully installed Kodi on your iPhone/iPad.
Now You are ready to stream and view all our media on Kodi on your iPhone/iPad. There is a myth out there that Kodi is Illegal but That’s not true completely legal to use it is due to some third-party add-ons (which promotes piracy) that have to lead to the bad publicity of the app. But Kodi doesn’t come with add-ons pre-installed so it is completely legal to install Kodi on your device.