Cheer up folks the new android 10 custom ROMs are now available for download. As we all know the lineage OS project is always the first in the race to make custom ROMs for the new android builts. This time also the Lineage OS came out with the new Lineage OS 17 for many devices. Being a latest built custom ROM for the new android 10, it may contain some minor bugs but as of now, there are no major bugs which will disturb you in using the smartphone. This guide will tell you how to download and install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3.
This will be the stable custom ROM for the Mi Max 3. You can install it on your device without any second thoughts. Android 10 is not yet available for almost all the devices so the only option to get the Android 10 on your device will be through the custom ROMs. We know that Lineage OS has kept its reputation at its peak in terms of stability and user interface. It is the lightest custom ROMs available till yet for the devices. We assure you that with each update of Lineage OS your device will get better and better. If you want to install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3 then do follow this guide carefully.
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily and install the Lineage OS 17 on your device without any errors. We have included all the required downloading links in the download section of this guide. If you face any problem while following this guide do let us know in the comment section below. Don’t try to skip any step mentioned in this guide for better installation of the custom ROM.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Mi Max 3. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Lineage OS 17 for Mi Max 3- Download
- Gapps For Lineage OS 17-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Mi Max 3. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Mi Max 3. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Mi Max 3, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Mi Max 3
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Mi Max 3
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Mi Max 3
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Lineage OS 17 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Lineage OS 17 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Lineage OS 17 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3. If you have any questions regarding this topic or have any query after reading this guide then let us know in the comment section. we will try to reply you as soon as possible. Follow this guide completely without missing any steps to avoid any unwanted error. Thank you for stopping by do share it with your friends who need this guide and do visit here regularly to read and know some amazing things about your device and it’s development.