Here in this article we gonna show you How to Install LineageOS 16 on any Device.
We all know that every year, Google releases the next version of their Android Operating System and along with it many custom ROM developers release their custom ROM like LineageOS, Resurrection, Crdroid, etc. and the most popular custom ROM among all of these is LineageOS 16. It is the most stable custom ROM and provides support for many devices. As we all know that the current Android is the 9th version ‘Android 9’ or ‘Android P’.
As Android is an open source project so, everyone can use it to create a custom ROM based on it. Android P is still not released but whenever it will be, LineageOS will create the LineageOS 16 after few days of the official release of Android P. So, we are creating this article so whoever gets their device supported by LineageOS 16 can follow this guide to Install LineageOS 16 on their device. The process of installation is the same for all devices. All you need is LineageOS 16 ROM supported for your device.
LineageOS 16 is very smooth custom ROM ever created, and it is popular due to the fact that they provide the support for a large number of devices. So, if you didn’t recieved the official update of latest Android OS then you can check if LineageOS is supported by your device and can install LineageOS custom ROM to enjoy the latest Android OS on your device. Currently, LineageOS 16 featured this features which are listed below.
LineageOS 16 new Features
Support for Notch
Dark Mode for the users having AMOLED display
Dual camera support
New designed screenshot option
Smaller Image Size
Developed Auto-fill with machine learning
So, now let’s get started to our guide,
Gearallnews.com Won’t be responsible if any damage caused to your mobile during this process we have written this guide very carefully and have tested personally. This is upto you now how you guys follow this guide.
- Your data like Apps, Images, Songs, etc will be deleted permanently while flashing any custom ROM so, make sure to create a full backup before installing custom ROM.
- You can create a backup by booting your device into TWRP mode and then tap on a Backup option and then tap on create nandroid backup.
- TWRP custom recovery must be installed.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked and rooted.
- You also need Gapps package as most of the custom ROM doesn’t contain Google Apps in it like Playstore, Youtube, Gmail, etc.
- Make sure to charge your mobile upto 70%.
- Any device user can follow this guide as the flashing custom ROM process is same for all the device.
How to Install LineageOS 16 using TWRP for ANY Android
1) First of all, download your desired custom ROM which you want to install on your android smartphone. You can either visit the XDA site to download the ROM or you can directly go to the website of the custom ROM which you want to install.
2) Once you downloaded the ROM, place it in inside the SD card of your smartphone.
3) Now boot your device in TWRP recovery mode, for this, you have to first power of your smartphone and then press volume up+power button simultaneously (If your device didn’t boot in TWRP by pressing then you can see on Google by typing your device name).
4) Once you successfully booted in TWRP recovery your screen will look something like this:-
5) Now tap on ‘Wipe’ and do ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ and ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ and also do ‘System Wipe’.
6) Now tap on the back to go back to the main menu of TWRP and Now tap on ‘Install’.
7) Now, navigate to the path where you have copied the custom ROM and Gapps package.
8) Now once you selected the custom ROM and then slide ‘Swipe to Confirm the Flash’.
9) Now do the same and flash the Gapps Package.
10) Now go to the main menu and reboot your smartphone.
That’s how you can install Custom ROM on any Android smartphone via TWRP recovery mode.