Here’s the guide that you have to follow first in order to make any changes on your device which runs on the MediaTek processor. This guide will tell you how to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on your system. Installing VCOM drivers on your PC or laptop is a very essential step if you want to install some firmware files on your smartphone. These drivers will help you with creating a secure connection with your system, without these drivers you may not be able to connect your device properly with your system. If you want to know more about How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers then you have to follow this guide.
This guide will help you with installing the USB VCOM drivers if you are not aware of the USB VCOM drivers and don’t know a thing about it then here’s a brief description for you guys. The USB VCOM drivers are designed to help you connect your device with the PC and laptop successfully. If you want to use some software like the SP flash tool for your device then for that tool to detect your smartphone you need USB VCOM drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
We have prepared this guide step by step so that everyone can follow it easily. Follow this guide carefully without missing any steps mentioned in this guide. Each and every step in this guide is equally important. Missing any step mentioned in this guide would make you end with the unexpected results. We have put the steps in a general language so that if you are new to these things then also you can perform the steps mentioned in this guide carefully. Follow this guide to know How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- You need a PC or laptop to follow this guide
- Take a backup of your device to be on the safe side.
- This guide is for the users who have devices running on the MediaTek processor only. Check your device’s processor before following this guide
MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers- Download
How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers
Just for the sake of your information, these drivers will operate only on the Windows XP and above versions of windows, In case you are using the Windows 8 and above on your system then you have to Disable Driver Signature Verification if you don’t know how to do it then follow the steps mentioned below.
For Windows 8 and above (Follow this before following the main procedure)
- Open up your PC and open Local Group Policy Editor by pressing the Win+R buttons from your keyboard and in the Run command box enter gpedit.msc.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, in the left panel, select the User Configuration.
- Now, in the main window select the Administrative Templates.
- Then a menu will open now, Select the System and then visit the Driver Installation.
- Choose the Code signing for device drivers entry.
- Select Enabled and in the dropdown located below it, change it to Ignore.
- Click Ok and save/apply your changes.
- Restart the Windows system
Steps to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers
These are the steps on How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers. Follow the steps orderly and don’t miss any step. These steps if followed carefully will install the MediaTek USB VCOM drivers on your computer.
- First of all download the MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers from the Downloading Link provided above.
- Now your have to Extract the Downloaded folder to get Mediatek USB VCOM Drivers on your PC/Laptop
- Then on your PC/laptop, Go to Device Manager. To open the device manager first open Control Panel from the startup menu (Startup menu is located in the bottom left corner of your screen)
- Once you are in the control panel search for the device manager option and open it.
- In the Device Manager menu, you can see your Computer name written on the top of Device Manager Settings.
- Now click on Action then click Add Legacy Hardware
- Now a new pop screen will open where you can see the add legacy screen, Then click on the Next button.
- A new screen will open where you have to tick the “Install the Hardware that I manually Select from a list” option and click the next button.
- Click on Show All Device and select the Next Button.
- Now click on the Have Disk located in the bottom right corner of the following screen and select relevant .inf file you extracted (From the downloaded folder).
- Once you choose the .inf files and clicked Open then you will see a security warning on which you have to select Install Anyway.
- Now one by one install all the .inf files and then restart your PC.
- Done! This will successfully install the MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers on your PC/laptop.
This is all about How to Install MediaTek USB VCOM Drivers. If you have issues in following this guide, then you can comment them down in the comment section or even you can mail us your problem. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Keep visiting here to know more about your device.