How to install Omni rom Android 10 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: When it comes to the budget smartphone segment, the brands that dominate the market are Xiaomi, Realme, Motorola, and more. There was a time when Xiaomi was known to be the flagship killer, but in no time, this flagship killer brand became a flagship itself. With the launch of Xiaomi, the brand Xiaomi entered the flagship market and has been there since until this year, when they launched a budget smartphone, the Xiaomi 9. The brand Xiaomi is known for its software miui, which gives a minimal stock Android experience with a lot of customization options. MIUI is an Android-based OS developed by Xiaomi for its Smartphone lineup.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was launched with all the flagship specifications back in August 2016 and still holds up pretty well in 2020. The Android 10 users must have been super bored by now cause Android 11 beta was supposed to release earlier this year but due to the Corona Virus global pandemic it got delayed and now you have no other option but to wait for your phone manufacturer to release the update as soon as they can. Until you get Android 11, you can try Android 10 custom ROMs on your device and since the device has been holding up really well in 2020 so you can try installing custom ROMs on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Some Facts about Omni ROM
OmniROM is one such option for your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. OmniROM is a custom ROM developed by a group of experienced developers. The ROM is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and it comes with a lot of exciting features, a tonne of customization options, and enhancements. Android 10 comes with features like Dark Theme, Smart Reply in all messaging apps, Enhanced location, and privacy tools, Incognito mode for Google Maps, Focus mode, Live Caption, New parental controls, and more. Android 10 also introduced 50+ new emojis and different icon shapes like Square, Teardrop, Rounded Rectangle, and more. Along with these features, OmniROM has to offer some unique features such as:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
Custom ROM has numerous benefits like Performance Enhancement, Battery Life Enhancement, Custom Mods, Unified Experience, and more. Plus, install a custom ROM is not a very hard process when you have the right resources in hand. But, when it comes to selecting a custom ROM for your device there’s a lot of options out there but you got to select the perfect one for you. While looking for a custom ROM you lookout for things like, how stable, secure and frequently the ROM gets updates.
This is an unofficial build of OmniROM based on Android 10 Q for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Since it is an unofficial ROM there can be some expected bugs and lags. But still, you can use this unofficial build of OmniROM as your daily driver without any worries. Before starting with the process of installing the custom ROM on your device, here are some pre-requisites that you need to check before starting the process.
- Make sure your device is at least 70-80% charged.
- Download and install the Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Create a full backup of your device as your device will factory reset during the process.
- Make sure you have adb and fastboot already setup on your PC.
- Download OmniROM based on Android 10 Q for your device.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure your device has an unlocked bootloader mode.
How to install omni rom Android 10 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
1. Unlock the bootloader
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
You have to unlock the bootloader in order to follow this guide. If you did then you will end up with the unexpected results if you try to install this firmware on your android device without unlocking its bootloader.
2. Install TWRP On Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Optional)
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. TWRP is a custom recovery that will allow you to install some different firmware on your android device. In this recovery, you can interact through the touchscreen of your device and there’s no need to use volume rockers. Not only the Twrp will help you install custom ROMs but it has some other benefits too. You can also take a nandroid backup using the TWRP. Follow these steps to install the TWRP on your device.
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device, follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. Install omni rom Android 10 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Now that you have checked all the pre-requisites, its time to go ahead and flash OmniROM on your device:
- Now that you have an unlocked bootloader, boot your device in fastboot mode by turning it off and then pressing the power and volume up, release when fastboot appears.
- Connect your device to your PC using a USB Cable.
- Now go to the ADB fast boot folder and run a command prompt by left-clicking and selecting open command window here.
- Unzip the ROM file and move it inside the ADB folder.
- Now run the following command in the same sequence:
- fastboot -w
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash product product.img
- fastboot flash vbmetavbmeta.img
- fastboot flash vbmeta_systemvbmeta_system.img
- fastboot flash dtbodtbo.img
- fastboot reboot
Once done. Now you will be able to enjoy Omni ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 without any hassle. So, instead of waiting for Android 11 to arrive on your device, you can just flash OmniROM based on Android 10 Q and have a better Android 10 experience, than your stock Android, with a lot of customization options.