Cheer up, users we have brought the Oneplu s 6T ROM for Oneplus 6. Though both the devices run on the same ROM still there are some extra features added in OnePlus 6T. Oneplus 6T is a new flagship killer by Oneplus. Oneplus 6T features a 6.41 inches Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixels. The device runs on Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor. The smartphone packs the best set of hardware in it. The oneplus team has prepared the oxygen OS perfectly for Oneplus 6T. If you want to port Oneplus 6T ROm on Oneplus 6 then you have to follow this guide.
This guide will tell you how to port Oneplus 6T rom on Oneplus 6. We have written this guide in step by step order so that you can follow it easily. Even if you are new to flashing ROMs then also you can port Oneplus 6T ROM on oneplus 6 by following this guide. We have also added the downloading links for the files which you will need. Follow this guide correctly without missing any step. If you miss any important step while following this guide then you may end up bricking your device.
In this guide, we will tell you how to port Oneplus 6T rom on Oneplus 6 by the fastboot method. This guide has been distributed into 3 sections, the first section will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Oneplus and the second section will tell how to install TWRP on Oneplus and the third will tell you how to finally port the Oneplus 6T ROM on Oneplus 6. We can assure you if you follow this guide without missing any step then you will be able to use Oneplus 6T rom on Oneplus 6.
ALSO READ : How To Download Stock Wallpapers Of OnePlus 6T
About Oneplus 6T ROM
The oneplus 6T has been created on the latest Android Pie platform. Android Pie is the latest android. With android Pie and it features the device becomes more powerful. Android pie has added some of the amazing features in Oneplus 6T and now with the help of this guide, you will be able to get it on your oneplus 6.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus 6 will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Port Oneplus 6T ROM on Oneplus 6
How to unlock the device’s bootloader
This is the best way to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 6. Fastboot method is the safest and fastest way to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 6.
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 6, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in OnePlus 6.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
How to Install TWRP on oneplus 6
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Lg G3
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
How to Port Oneplus 6T rom on oneplus 6
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the ROM file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the ROM zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Pixel experience GApps on your device
That’s all about how to port Oneplus 6T ROM on OnePlus 6 easily. If you have any queries and suggestions drop them down in the comment section and also share this guide with your friends who need it. Visit us regularly to get some really amazing updates on latest smartphones.