There were a lot of users across the globe, those who were used to install custom skin on there smartphone for further customization. Whereas it also unlocks some more possibility for customization and therefore POSP stands for Potato Open Sauce Project brings a lot of unique features, Additionally, it was based on Android 11.
Also, it allows using features of Android 11; hence the company didn’t provide the update or being late to deliver but with a lot of limitations. POSP better known for the Android 11 enhanced gives for a buttery smooth Android 11 firmware. Android 11 comes with new gesture navigation, advanced privacy, and location, improved system UI. Moreover, it also offers enhanced app permissions and many more features.
Today we are going to share a bit of knowledge to help with downloading and installing the POSP on your Xiaomi Mi A2 so far. In contrast, we have covered everything that you might require during installation with a proper guide so far.
What’re Unique features on PotatoOS
- It was going to bring new, and better notch handling includes useful features and helps with everyday tasks.
- New Classic and improved volume control.
- Having an on-air update
What is POSP?
POSP Stands for Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter-smooth Android aftermarket firmware. We handpicked the best features around and are adding Potato Open Sauce Project (Posp Android 11 on Xiaomi Mi A2). Combining the newest security patches, original features, and wide device support, POSP is a product produced to make your life easier and breathe some fresh air into the custom ROM scene. Potato Open Sauce Project Based on Android 11.
About Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi A2 has Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Soc. This Chipset is paired with up to 4/6GB of RAM and 32/64/128GB storage On-board. It runs the Android 8.1 out of the Box. In terms of Camera, there has a Dual 12MP+20MP Rear camera and a single 20MP selfie camera.
IT features a 5.99” IPS LCD Display with HD+ 1080 x 2160 pixel of Resolution, and there has 18:9 Aspect Ratio. Also, this device has Packed with a massive 3000mAh battery with 18W fast Charging Support.
- This is an Android 11 based Potato, and it was supported for Xiaomi Mi A2.
- First thing first, you need to unlock your Xiaomi Mi A2 bootloader.
- Even you require TWRP Recover on your device.
- Need to download the required Potato OS and TWRP Files.
- Not to mention, your device battery should charge above 60% for an interrupted process.
- Ensure that you have a complete backup of your data without root, so in case something went wrong, you have a complete backup to restore your device data.
How to Install POSP Android 11 on Xiaomi Mi A2
Note: Make sure to download twrp for now until they fix issues & we don’t recommend you to flash any other custom kernels on this ROM
What is TWRP
TWRP Stands for Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP is an open-source software custom recovery image for the Android devices. It provided a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and Root easy to Root Smartphone and back up the current system, which often functions unsupported by stock recovery images. You can easily root and unroot devices. Here it will be available to installed Posp Android 11 on Xiaomi Mi A2 quite easily.
How to Install TWRP Recovery
- First, Download TWRP from above link.
- Next, Download and install ADB and fastboot on your PC
- Switch Off your Smartphone
- Open your smartphone on Fastboot mode.
- Through power off your device and then hold the Volume Down + Power button
- Now, Open the ADB folder on your PC and Laptop.
- Press Shift+ Right Mouse Key and Click Command Prompt Here
- Type the Command Prompt type the Command
adb Reboot Bootloader
After That, Type Fastboot Devices
Now, Fastboot Flash Recovery “TWRP filename.img” and Hit EnterThen
Now”Fastboot reboot” and Hit Enter.
- You have Successfully Install TWRP Recovery on Smartphone
How to Flash ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2
- You need to Reboot your Device in TWRP Mode
- Open Recovery Mode on Device
First, power off your smartphone and then hold the Volume Down + Power button, then navigate using the volume button.
- Open Recovery Mode on Device
- In TWRP Mode, click Wipe Data and tap Yes.
- Again Boot into TWRP Mode
- Again tap Wipe>Advance Wipe, and Tap Select all data Except SD Card and Swipe to Wipe
- Copy ROM From PC to SD Card (or Where you download the File)
- Now, Click Install and Flash ROM.zip on your Device.
- After That, Restart your Smartphone.
Hopefully, we believe that you have been now successfully installed the PotatoOS based on Android 11 on your device so far. Hence, if you want to know more about it and all the credit goes to potatoproject for making such an amazing device. Moreover, you can also check out our website for more firmware on GearAllNews. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below.