Do you want to revert back to stock firmware if yes then you have reached the right destination because this article is about How to Install Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool? For those who don’t know a thing about the SP flash tool, here’s a brief description of it. SP flash tool is a software that helps you to install the system firmware directly on your device. SP flash tool only supports devices that run on MediaTek processors, so if your device has some other processor, then you can’t use its services. This tool not only helps you to install the stock firmware but it can also install custom firmware, kernels and recovery files on your device. If you want to know how to use the SP flash tool, then you have to follow this guide.
This guide will accurately tell you how to install the SP flash tool on your PC and how to use it for flashing a stock ROM on your device. Stock ROMs are best for a device if you have already switched to the custom firmware and it has started creating problems on your smartphone then it’s the time to switch back to the stock firmware. You might think that why stock firmware is more stable and better than any custom ROM, Well a stock firmware is developed by some professional developers hired by the smartphone brand. You can expect good results from the ROM which is developed by a professional team, whereas a custom ROM is built by some rookie developers and sometimes by a good developer that’s why it doesn’t give the results as good as any stock ROM does.
Benefits of installing a stock ROM
A stock ROM is the best ROM you can have for your smartphone. Even if the stock ROM for your smartphone is too outdated, still it will work better than any custom ROM on your device. Though Custom ROMs have many options to optimize the looks of your device inside it’s hollow. A custom ROM can never be as stable as a stock ROM will be for a device. Another benefit of installing a stock ROM will be that if your device is in the warranty period and you have voided your warranty by installing a custom ROM in it, then you can claim it back by installing the stock ROM again. There are some more benefits you get after flashing the stock ROM which is mentioned below:
- Fix the boot loop problem
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Through Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Flash Stock To Unbrick the device
These are all the benefits that you will get after installing a stock ROM on your device. There are no disadvantages of reverting back to the stock ROM rather than degrading the android version your smartphone is running with the custom ROM. Reverting back to the stock ROMs can be useful for some users.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- You need a PC or laptop to follow this guide
- Take a backup of your device to be on the safe side.
SP flash Tool-Download
How to Install Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool
We have prepared this guide step by step so that you can follow it easily. Follow the guide without missing anything written in this guide. These steps will allow you to Install Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool.
- First of all download the required files from the download section
- After downloading and extracting the folder look for flashtool.exe and double click on it to open that
- Now in the SP flash tool window, Open the Download tap located at the top.
- You will see some options like Download agent and scatter-loading, In the Download Agent you have to open MTK_AllInOneDA.bin (It is located inside the SP Flashtool folder -> SP_MDT)
- Now in the Scatter-loading, you have to load the Scatter file which is kept inside the Stock Rom Zip. (Now, If you have already extracted, you will find a file which is named MT6xxx_Android_scatter.txt) – here these xxxx is the model number of Mediatek processor
- Then load the MT6xxx_Android_scatter.txt file
- Select the Download button.
- Now to start the Flashing process, you have to switch off your smartphone and now to boot it into the download mode you have to hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together, once the device is in the downloading mode connect it to PC/Laptop via USB Cable.
- After the phone connects successfully, Installation will begin, Wait for some time.
- After the installation has completed, you can see a green button on your PC or Laptop
- Disconnect your smartphone and restart it to check whether it is updated with the stock ROM or not.
- If the device boots into the stock ROM then Enjoy!! Otherwise, follow the steps correctly again.
This is all about How to Install Stock Firmware Using SP Flash Tool. If you have issues in following this guide, then you can comment them down in the comment section or even you can mail us your problem. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Keep visiting here to know more about your device.