Cheer up android users the latest android 10 is here to amaze you. The new Android 10 is now available officially on many of the smartphones and for the left-outs, the custom ROMs are already here to help. If you haven’t got the official OTA update on your smartphone for the latest android 10 then you can go for this custom ROM which we have brought to you today. SuperiorOS, the latest custom ROM with all the new features of the android 10 and yes it is an official and stable custom ROM for many devices. This guide is for Redmi note 5 users so if you are one among them then yes you are lucky because you are going to get the Android 10 on your smartphone this early. If you want to install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5 then follow this guide.
SuperiorOS is one of the best custom ROMs available in the market of Custom ROMs for android and has some standards on which it stands almost every time and since it’s the official ROM you don’t have to worry much about the stability. You will get the best performance of your device after using this ROM. You will feel a little bit futuristic after using this android 10 custom ROM on your device. The new icon styles and the animations will make your device look more amazing so install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5 for good.
Now if you try to install the custom ROM on your device without following our guide then you may end up bricking your device if you are a beginner, so follow this guide to install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5 successfully on your device. This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. All the downloading links are attached to this guide in the middle for the ease of the following.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Redmi Note 5. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- SuperiorOS for Redmi Note 5- Download
- Gapps For SuperiorOS-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 5. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Redmi Note 5. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 5, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Redmi Note 5
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Redmi Note 5
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Redmi Note 5
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install SuperiorOS on Redmi Note 5
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the SuperiorOS zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the SuperiorOS zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install SuperiorOS GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install SuperiorOS on Redmi No te 5. If you face any difficulties in installing the ROM in your device then comment your issue down we will try to get back to you with a solution. Follow this guide completely without missing any steps to avoid any unwanted error. Thank you for stopping by do share it with your friends who need this guide and do visit here regularly to read and know some amazing things about your device and it’s development.