Some smartphones already support a new version of the mobile OS from Google. The beta version of Android P was introduced at the Google I / O conference , and this is the first beta that is supported not only by Pixel smartphones. In this tutorial we will guide on How to install the beta version of Android P.
Now you can beta version of Android P on device listed below :
- Google Pixel / XL;
- Google Pixel 2 / XL;
- OnePlus 6;
- Essential PH-1;
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S;
- Sony Xperia XZ2;
- Nokia 7 Plus, Oppo R15 Pro;
- Vivo X21 / UD.
If you are burning with impatience and want to try Android P, then you can install it right now. If, of course, you have a compatible gadget. Please note that some smartphones from this list have not even gone on sale. But as soon as you buy one of them, you can immediately upgrade to the latest version of Android.
Note : Android P is in the beta stage, which is not yet very stable. Be sure to backup all the important data on your smartphone. And in advance, read the instructions for re-flashing on the site of the manufacturer of your device, in case of a failure to roll back to a stable version of the system.
Just Begin to install the beta version of Android P
All supported devices have its own mode of installing Andoid P. So Just check out the steps to be followed in your phone to install the beta version of Android P.
On Google’s smartphones install the beta version of Android the easiest. Open the Android Beta page and sign up with your Google account. Select the device you want, if you have several, and open “Settings” → “System” → “System Update” on your device.
OnePlus 6 has not yet appeared on sale, but as soon as you purchase it, you can immediately upgrade to Android P. You can download the official firmware on May 16 on the beta version for OnePlus 6.
Open the beta page on the Essential website, enter your name, email address and serial number of your smartphone, and then just follow the instructions.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Installing Android P on the phone Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is somewhat more complicated. But it will not cause difficulties for those who have ever tried to reflash their Android.
- Download the archive with the Android P firmware from the Xiaomi website.
- Download the application for the firmware. A full guide to it in English can be found here .
- Turn off your device. At the same time, hold down the volume key Volume Down and the power button to put the smartphone into boot mode. Then connect the phone via a USB cable to your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded archive and specify the path to the folder in the firmware. Click Refresh, and the application will recognize your smartphone. Then press Flash to make your way through.
- Wait until the firmware is installed. Then your device will reboot. Done.
The beta version is fairly easy to install using the Xperia Companion.
- Install the Xperia Companion on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB and launch the Xperia Companion.
- Hold down the Alt key and select the Software Repair option.
- Check the box next to My device can not be detected or started, then click Next.
- Wait for the program to recognize your device, and then follow the instructions .
After that, all updates to Android P will be installed “by air”.
Nokia 7 Plus
Installing Android P on Nokia 7 Plus is somewhat more complicated. You will have to install the firmware manually.
- Open the beta version of Android P on the Nokia website and click Sign in to get started. Sign in with your Google Account or register.
- Add your smartphone to the beta program using a simple form. You will need IMEI for your smartphone. To learn it, dial * # 06 #. Then, download the Android P firmware.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone. Open Settings → System → About phone and click on the serial number several times. You may need to enter your PIN or password.
Now you need to transfer your phone to boot mode and reset it to the factory state.
- Turn off your device and connect it to your computer via USB.
- Hold down the power button and volume button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons when you see the Android One download screen. Now the Android logo and the red message no command appear on the screen.
- Hold down the power button, then press the Volume Up button once.
- In the Recovery menu that opens, find the Factory reset option. Select it by pressing the volume buttons, and then press the power button.
- Click Yes to confirm the reset to factory settings.
- In Recovery mode, select the Apply update from ADB option.
- Open the folder where you downloaded the archive with the firmware. Press Shift and right mouse button, then start the command line.
adb devices. You will see the download process on the screen of your device.
- Enter the command
adb sideload update.zip. Replace update.zip with the name of the archive with the firmware.
- You should see how the firmware download began. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- After the installation is complete, click Reboot system now.
If you did everything correctly, the smartphone will reboot and you will be able to try the new Android.
Vivo X21 / UD
Installing Android P on the Vivo X21 / UD is pretty simple.
- Download Android P for Vivo X21 or Vivo X21UD .
- Copy the archive with the firmware to the root of the Vivo X21 file system.
- Click on the archive and in the pop-up window confirm the installation of the update.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
Read more detailed instructions, as well as find out what other devices will be ported to Android P, can be found on the beta version of Android.