Since this year, Samsung has used a new interface on its Galaxy phones. This makes it very easy to move installed apps to the device’s microSD card.
Guide To Move Apps To The SD Card On Galaxy S8
- Press and hold an app icon. Tap on App info when the menu pops up.
- Tap on Storage to bring up the detailed information.
- Tap on Change in order to move the app.
- Select SD card as the new storage location.
- Wait as the app and its data is exported to the external storage. It can take a few moments. The app can’t be used while it’s being exported.
Incidentally, the same option can be found in the Settings menu. Go to the Application , and in the list, locate the app you want to move. You are now in the App Infoscreen of the app. Everything works as described above.