Hey, readers, we have got something new for the Motorola Droid Maxx 2 users. Now unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 by following this guide. We have made things easier here. This is a complete guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 easily. Now if you are struggling over the internet to find the right and safe guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 then we can say your search has come to an end because this is all you want. We have added all the downloading links for the file which you will need to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2.
Unlocking the bootloader of a device will allow you to make changes in your device internally so, it’s essential to unlock the bootloader of your device before installing any custom software. After unlocking the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 you can install custom recoveries and custom ROMs on it. Unlocking the device’s bootloader will also void the device’s warranty. If your device is in its warranty period then we insist you not to unlock its bootloader. Once your warranty is voided you may not be able to claim it back so proceed at your own risk.
We have prepared this guide step by step so that a beginner can also follow it. If you are new to these things or unlocking the bootloader of a smartphone for the first time then also you will find this guide easy to be followed.
Why Unlock the Bootloader?
If you want to enhance its features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS, you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method. Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device.
There’s no point of unlocking bootloader if you don’t want to install any custom OS or Custom Recovery on your device. So if you are unlocking the bootloader without any reason than it will cause no change in your device and you also lose your warranty so it’s better to keep it locked. If you want to enhance its features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS, you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method. Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
- You can root your device after unlocking its bootloader.
- Install any custom OS after unlocking its bootloader
- Install Custom recoveries like TWRP after unlocking its bootloader
- Unlocking will help you customize your device
- After unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty will be voided
- There’s a risk of bricking the device while performing the unlocking
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Unlock the Bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2
- First, open your settings menu and switch on the developer’s option (tap the built number in the about phone section for about 6-7 times)
- Now in the developer’s option, switch on the OEM unlock and USB debugging
- Then connect your device to your PC and open the fastboot window by selecting the open command prompt here option in the drop-down menu which will come after right-clicking in the adb and fastboot folder
- Now write the following commands step by step
- adb reboot bootloader – this will reboot your device in the fastboot mode
- Then run this command: fastboot devices- If any number comes in return then your device is connected properly
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data- Now you will see the following window
- Copy these codes in the notepad files without a single space
- Now follow this link
- Sign in or create a new Motorola ID and paste the code in the given box and click on the can my device be unlocked if your device is unlockable then it will return a key, copy that.
- Now write the following code in the fastboot window
- fastboot OEM unlock UNLOCK_KEY -here in the place of unlock key paste the key which you have copied.
- This will unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2
That’s all about how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola Droid Maxx 2 easily. If you have any queries and suggestions drop them down in the comment section and also share this guide with your friends who need it. Visit us regularly to get some really amazing updates on latest smartphones. We have arranged this guide step by step so you can follow it easily, even if you are doing this for the first time you will find it easy. We have also mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want you can read them out above. If you face any difficulties while following this guide then mention them below in the comment section.