In an effort to offer as complete devices as possible, manufacturing companies add to them some standard applications. The bad thing is, however, that we may either not need them, or want to download others from the Play Store, so we get to have similar apps that do the same thing. Fortunately, however, there is a way to uninstall them even without root
The truth is that from Android 4.0 onwards we have the option to disable some apps, which is practically the same thing as uninstalling, but on some smartphones of some companies like Xiaomi, that is not feasible! The only solution is what we will see today and it is really easy.
- to have our device driver installed on the computer,
- we have enabled ‘USB debugging and
- we have downloaded ADB on our computer.
How to Remove Bloatware Step By Step
- So we open a terminal in the ADB folder (Shift + right click) and connect our device to the computer.
- To confirm that everything has been done right up to now, we give the following command, which will answer us with the ID of our device:
- To get into the Android internal terminal, we give the command:
- To see the apps we have installed on our device, we give the command:
pm list packages
- In the list we will notice that the names of the packages usually include the name of the author (google, samsung, miui, oneplus, etc.). We can distinguish them by giving the same command, but this time we will also note a key word that all of them associate them. On my device I want to uninstall MIUI applications so I will give the command:
pm list packages | grep 'miui'
- To finally uninstall the application we want (for example, the MIUI Gallery), we give the following command:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 'com.miui.gallery'