How to Unlock Bootloader of LG Devices: When it comes to making the most out of your device, flashing a custom ROM is the first option that strikes most minds. Custom ROMs improve the overall experience and speed of your device. Many popular budgets and mid-range smartphones are produced by LG but the problem with budget smartphones is that they become slow after a while. So to get the most out of your device, you need to flash a custom ROM. Custom ROMs also let your experience at least Android versions on older devices. Flashing a custom ROM also lets you have better customization options, better battery life, and a lot more features. But before that, you need to make sure you have an unlocked bootloader on your LG device.
By default, Most manufacturers keep the bootloader locked to prevent the user from making any changes to the file system. A bootloader is a software that permits the phone to only boot into the operating system currently on the device. To root your device and flash a custom ROM, you need to have an unlocked bootloader. In this guide, we will show you how you can unlock the bootloader mode on your LG device. But before that, here are some prerequisites:
- Your device will factory reset during the process, so keep a complete backup of your device.
- Download and extract the Fastboot tools zip on your PC
- Make sure your device is at least 80% charged.
- Download and install the LG device USB driver on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options on your device by going into system settings and tapping the build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging by going into System Settings -> Developer Options -> Toggle On USB Debugging.
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG Devices
Now that you have done that, follow the steps to unlock the bootloader on your LG device:
- Go to the Fast boot tool extracted folder on your PC.
- Press and hold the shift key in the keyboard and right-click on the extracted Fast boot tool folder and select “Open command window here”.
- Connect your LG device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now boot your LG device in fastboot mode by switching off your device, and then holding the power button and volume down button, simultaneously.
- Now to make sure that your device has been detected by the system, type the following command: fastboot devices
- Now to unlock the bootloader on your LG device, type the following command: fastbootoem unlock-go
- Now your device will reboot, and you are done.
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your LG device. Now you can restore your data from the backup you have created before as your device will factory reset during the process. You can even root your device and flash custom ROMs to have a better overall experience and speed on your device.