In today ‘s guide we will show you how to get these three results, which have always been the basis of most other modding procedures, through the direct use of fastboot and command line.OnePlus in these years has always been very close to the reasons of modding and it is not surprising that a few days after the release of the last “flagship killer” OnePlus 5 are already available several procedures to install TWRP recovery and obtain permissions of root on this device.
The procedure described in this guide has complex operations that, if done incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have had a good experience in the Android modding field. GuidesOnThumb Author will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- You need Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 5
- Enable USB Debugging and Unlock OEM from Developer Options, made visible by repeatedly tap on the build number entry contained in the device information in the settings
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has finished excuting, run the following
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into android, and enjoy.
ALSO READ : HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 15 ON ONEPLUS 5
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP ON ONEPLUS 5
- Ensure that Debug USB and OEM Unlock are active;
- DOWNLOAD TWRP recovery;
- Open the folder where the newly downloaded TWRP is present and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
and verify any confirmation requests on the smartphone display (in this case, agree and proceed to the next step)
- connect the smartphone to the computer and type the commands
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1.img fastboot reboot
to install the TWRP and reboot your device.
HOW TO ROOT ONEPLUS 5
- Download SuperSU to root your device
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- After you finish install restart your smartphone to complete the procedure.