IF you want to root your smartphone or install any custom OS on it then you have to unlock it’s bootloader first. Unlocking bootloader is nor a risky process neither a hard one. One with little knowledge of smartphone can do it easily. We are sharing the step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of Android smartphones with fastboot easily. Before telling you the steps to unlock the bootloader of android we would like to inform you that after unlocking the bootloader your phone’s warranty will be void and you may not be able to claim it back so proceed only if you accept that.
Unlocking bootloader is the first step you have to make if you wish to install any custom ROM or root your device. By unlocking the bootloader you will be able to install any custom Recoveries which can make a lot of work easier. After installing any custom recovery you can root your device, flash any custom ROM or take a nandroid backup and more. In order to this, you have to unlock your bootloader first that’s why we are here to help you out in unlocking. Follow this guide to unlock the Bootloader of Android devices by fastboot.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Unlock the Bootloader of Android Devices with Fastboot
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option of your smartphone.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
That’s all about how you can unlock your smartphone’s bootloader with fastboot. If you have any queries left after following this guide let us know them in the comment section below.