How to Unlock the Bootloader of ASUS Devices: When it comes to customizing your Android device, the thought that crosses most minds is to Root your device. While there are other ways to customize your device like installing Launchers, icon packs, and more but, they are very temporary and inconsistent solutions. Rooting not only allows better customization but it also lets you get rid of bloatware, makes full system backups, installs custom ROMs, overclocks and underclock processers on your device, and a lot more. But rooting your device is a risky and hectic process, and if you don’t follow the steps carefully, you can end up bricking your device.
Before you can start with the rooting process, you need to make sure that your device has an unlocked bootloader. A bootloader is a software that runs every time your device boots up. It tells your phone which programs to load in order to run your phone. Nowadays, Manufacturers keep the bootloader locked to restrict the user from installing any third-party software, zip files, and custom OS. Unlocking the bootloader makes your device less secure and more vulnerable to attacks but without unlocking the bootloader you cannot make any changes or flash any third party files on your device. Manufacturers like Xiaomi, Realme Motorola, Asus, and more keep the bootloader locked on their devices. In this guide, we’ll tell your step-by-step that how you can Unlock the Bootloader of ASUS Devices.
Here are some pre-requisites before you can start with unlocking the bootloader mode on your Asus device.
- Make sure your device has at least 80% charge.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Asus device.
- Unlocking Bootloader will factory reset your device. Make a complete backup of your device before starting the process.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Unlocking the bootloader of your device will void its warranty.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of ASUS Devices
Now follow the steps below to Unlock the bootloader on your Asus Device:
- Enable “Developer option” on your Asus device by going to “About phone” and tapping on the build number 7 times.
- Enable “USB debugging” in “Developer options”.
- Connect your Asus device to your PC using a USB Data Cable.
- Now go to the ADB folder, press Shift + Right Mouse Key, and tap on Open command window here.
- To check if your device is connected, execute the command: ADB devices
- Now boot your device into “Fastboot” mode and execute the following command: ADB reboot bootloader
- Now in order to unlock the bootloader mode type in the following command: fastbootoem unlock
- And you are DONE!
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader mode on your Asus device feel free to flash a custom recovery which will make the rooting process really easy. The unlocked bootloader will now allow you to flash zip files, install third-party apps, custom ROMs, and more. If you have an old Asus device rooting it will make it a whole lot smoother and you can make the most out of it. Visit our blog daily for amazing content