Unlocking the bootloader is not a difficult task to perform. One can easily unlock the bootloader of their devices if they follow the steps correctly. There are many ways to unlock the bootloader of LG devices but the official one is the best way. Here we will tell you the official way to unlock the bootloader of LG devices. LG allows some of the user to unlock the bootloader of their devices. We had provided a list of supported devices which are officially supported by the company to unlock the bootloader with the official method. Follow this guide correctly to unlock the bootloader of LG devices successfully.
First of all, if you are unlocking your bootloader for no reasons then we prefer you not to do it. As unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty and you will not able to get it back in any condition. Unlocking bootloader will unlock many options on your device like you can install any custom Recovery on your device and then install custom ROMs. Unlocking the bootloader of a device will allow you to make changes in your device internally so, it’s essential to unlocking the bootloader of your device before installing any custom software.
We have prepared this guide step by step so that a beginner can also follow it. If you are new to these things or unlocking the bootloader of a smartphone for the first time then also you will find this guide easy to be followed.
Is unlocking the bootloader of LG devices safe??
There are not many cons in unlocking the bootloader but after unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty voids. Also after unlocking the bootloader don’t expect to receive the latest and official updates.
Unlocking the bootloader of a device will allow you to do a lot more things that a locked smartphone couldn’t do. You can flash custom recoveries after unlocking the bootloader and by the help of custom recoveries, you can flash custom ROMs. Installing custom ROMs on your device will unlock some of the great features. A custom ROM can help you get the latest android version which is not officially built for your device. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method. Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device.
If you want to enhance its features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS, you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
- You can root your device after unlocking its bootloader.
- Install any custom OS after unlocking its bootloader
- Install Custom recoveries like TWRP after unlocking its bootloader
- Unlocking will help you customize your device
- After unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty will be voided
- There’s a risk of bricking the device while performing the unlocking
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of LG devices will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
List of supported devices to be unlocked
- LG V30: H930 and H930G for the European market
- LG G6: US997.USA for the U.S. open market
- LG G6: H870 for the European market
- V20: US996.USA for the U.S. open market
- V10: H960A for the European market and Android M (Except France)
- LG G5 SE: H840 for the European market
- LG G5: RS988.USA for the U.S. open market
- LG G5: H850 for the European market
- LG G4: H815 for the European market
How to Unlock the Bootloader of LG devices
- First, open your settings menu and switch on the developer’s option (tap the built number in the about phone section for about 6-7 times)
- Now in the developer’s option, switch on the OEM unlock and USB debugging
- Then connect your device to your PC and open the fastboot window by selecting the open command prompt here option in the drop-down menu which will come after right-clicking in the adb and fastboot folder
- Now write the following commands step by step
- adb reboot bootloader – this will reboot your device in the fastboot mode
- Then run this command: fastboot devices- If any number comes in return then your device is connected properly
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- fastboot oem get_unlock_data- Now you will see the following window
- Copy these codes in the notepad files without a single space
- Now follow this link
- Sign in or create a new Motorola ID and paste the code in the given box and click on the can my device be unlocked if your device is unlockable then it will return a key, copy that.
- Now write the following code in the fastboot window
- fastboot OEM unlock UNLOCK_KEY -here in the place of unlock key paste the key which you have copied.
- This will unlock the bootloader of LG devices.
That’s all about how to unlock the bootloader of LG devices easily. If you have any queries and suggestions drop them down in the comment section and also share this guide with your friends who need it. Visit us regularly to get some really amazing updates on latest smartphones. We have arranged this guide step by step so you can follow it easily, even if you are doing this for the first time you will find it easy. We have also mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want you can read them out above. If you face any difficulties while following this guide then mention them below in the comment section.