Today’s guide will be based on how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One. Yes, now you can unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One just by following this guide. This guide will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One step by step. Unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus One is very easy and simple, you can do it on your own safely. If you have some basic knowledge about the android system then it’s better but if you don’t know anything about this then we suggest not to proceed. In this guide, we will tell you the fastboot method which is one of the easiest ways to unlock the bootloader. If you want to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One successfully then you must follow this guide correctly.
OnePlus has made this process easier on their devices. Unlocking bootloader is the first step you have to make if you wish to install any custom ROM or root your device. By unlocking the bootloader you will be able to install any custom Recoveries which can make a lot of work easier. After installing any custom recovery you can root your device, flash any custom ROM or take a nandroid backup and more. In order to this, you have to unlock your bootloader first that’s why we are here to help you out in unlocking. Follow this guide to unlock the Bootloader of Android devices by fastboot.
There’s no point of unlocking bootloader if you don’t want to install any custom OS or Custom Recovery on your device. So if you are unlocking the bootloader without any reason than it will cause no change in your device and you also lose your warranty so it’s better to keep it locked.
Is it safe to unlock the Bootloader??
Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device. Following every step mentioned in the guide is compulsory so don’t try to miss any step. Missing any of the mentioned steps in the guide can harm your device and you may not be able to get it back working. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader of the OnePlus smartphone is an official process. Before following this guide you must have a little knowledge about Android smartphones and if you don’t know the purpose of unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus One then this guide is not for you. We have mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want to read you can scroll down.
If you want to enhance its features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS, you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method. Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
- You can root your device after unlocking its bootloader.
- Install any custom OS after unlocking its bootloader
- Install Custom recoveries like TWRP after unlocking its bootloader
- Unlocking will help you customize your device
- After unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty will be voided
- There’s a risk of bricking the device while performing the unlocking
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may results in bricking your device and in that case we are not resonsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus One will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One
This is the best way to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One. Fastboot method is the safest and fastest way to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One.
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- In order to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in OnePlus One.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
That’s all about how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus One easily. If you have any queries and suggestions drop them down in the comment section and also share this guide with your friends who need it. Visit us regularly to get some really amazing updates on latest smartphones. We have arranged this guide step by step so you can follow it easily, even if you are doing this for the first time you will find it easy. We have also mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want you can read them out above. If you face any difficulties while following this guide then mention them below in the comment section.