We are sharing a step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro. You will find this guide easy to follow. Oppo F9 pro is a good smartphone in its price range and its performance is excellent. There is a difficulty in unlocking the bootloader of Oppo smartphones. Oppo officially won’t allow users to unlock their smartphone’s bootloader. If you have to unlock the bootloader of an Oppo’s smartphone then first you have to make it unlockable then only you can unlock its bootloader. We will first tell you the steps to make your Oppo f9 pro unlockable then we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of oppo f9 pro. if you wish to unlock Oppo f9 pro bootloader then you must follow this guide correctly.
You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method once it’s made unlockable. Please note that after unlocking the bootloader of Oppo f9 pro t’s warranty will be voided. So if your device is in the warranty period then we suggest you not to perform unlocking. Unlocking the bootloader is the crucial step in installing a custom ROM or custom recovery. Without unlocking the bootloader you cannot install custom ROM or Custom recovery. Also if you want to root your smartphone then also you have to unlock the bootloader. Without unlocking the bootloader you cannot make changes in the software of any smartphone.
About the Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device. Following every step mentioned in the guide is compulsory so don’t try to miss any step. Missing any of the mentioned steps in the guide can harm your device and you may not be able to get it back working. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader of Oppo smartphone is an unofficial process. Before following this guide you must have a little knowledge about Android smartphones and if you don’t know the purpose of unlocking the bootloader of F9 pro then this guide is not for you.
In order to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Oppo f9 pro. We have mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want to read you can scroll down.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
- You can root your device after unlocking its bootloader.
- Install any custom OS after unlocking its bootloader
- Install Custom recoveries like TWRP after unlocking its bootloader
- Unlocking will help you customize your device
- After unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty will be voided
- There’s a risk of bricking the device while performing the unlocking
Gearallnews.com will not be responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device while following this guide.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide
- Unlocking the bootloader of Oppo F9 Pro will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro
In order to unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 Pro first you have to make the phone unlockable then only you can unlock its bootloader. That’s why first we will tell you how to make Oppo F9 pro unlockable and then we will tell you how to Unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro.
- First of all read all the points mentioned in pre-requisite section first and then proceed to follow this guide
- Download the Magictricks file from the link attached in the downloads section on
- Save it on your Computer or laptop
- Now extract the file (recommended)
- Connect your Oppo F9 pro to the computer via the stock USB cord;
- Then transfer the files to your smartphone
- Switch off the smartphone
- Now boot your device into fastboot mode by holding Volume Up + Power key for 5 sec and releasing it;
- Choose English from the language menu or any language you understands better
- After booting into the recovery mode select install from storage option (using volume keys)
- Now locate the file which you have transferred before.
- This will make the bootloader unlockable and brings fastboot to your Oppo F9 pro smartphone.
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option of your smartphone.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
- This will unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro.
After unlocking the bootloader your oppo f9 pro will perform a factory reset maybe so don’t try to switch off the smartphone if it’s taking a long time to boot. If you power off your device during the process then it can harm your device. That’s all on how you can unlock the bootloader of Oppo F9 pro. If you find this guide helpful then do share this guide with your friends who need this and don’t forget to visit here regularly to check what’s new you can do to your smartphone.