c. We recommend you to follow this guide if your Samsung device is running on Exynos chipset. This guide is not for the Snapdragon variant. If you don’t know on what chipset your Samsung device is running then don’t worry you can check it on your device’s box in which it came or you can download various apps which can tell your hardware specifications of the device.
ALSO READ :How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Without PC
In order to unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy note 2 successfully, you have to follow this guide step by step. For unlocking the bootloader of Samsung galaxy note 2 you don’t have to download and install any specific software on your system or smartphone you just have to follow some of the steps. Just keep in mind that in this process your device will perform a factory reset so, take a backup of all the important data before unlocking the bootloader of Samsung galaxy note 2. We have also mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 below. If you have bought your device recently then we suggest you not to unlock it’s bootloader because it will void the warranty of the device and you will not be able to claim it back.
More about the Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device. Following every step mentioned in the guide is compulsory so don’t try to miss any step. Missing any of the mentioned steps in the guide can harm your device and you may not be able to get it back working. Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone is an official process. Before following this guide you must have a little knowledge about Android smartphones and if you don’t know the purpose of unlocking the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 then this guide is not for you. We have mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want to read you can scroll down.
If you want to enhance its features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS, you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method. Unlocking bootloader is not a difficult step but if you don’t perform it in the correct way then you may end up bricking your device.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
- You can root your device after unlocking its bootloader.
- Install any custom OS after unlocking its bootloader
- Install Custom recoveries like TWRP after unlocking its bootloader
- Unlocking will help you customize your device
- After unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty will be voided
- There’s a risk of bricking the device while performing the unlocking
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may results in bricking your device and in that case we are not resonsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to Install TWRP & Unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Here we will tell you the steps to unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy note 2 and also we will tell you how to install TWRP on it.
1.Unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- First of all, enable the developer’s option on your Samsung galaxy note 2 by following these steps
- Open the settings app
- Select About phone
- Tap on build number for 7-8 times
- Then you become the developer of the device
- Now open the Settings app on galaxy note 2 once again
- Now you can see a new option named developer options deep down in the settings
- Select Developer Options menu
- Look for the OEM Unlock and switch it on
- Tap the Enable button to confirm the bootloader unlock process
- Now select Delete All button
- Be patient this process will take upto 3-4 minutes to complete normally so don’t disturb the process
- Once the device reboots then it’s done
2. Install TWRP On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the adb folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to adb folder and hold shift and right click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
That’s all on how you can unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you have any queries left then you can tell us by commenting them down in the comment section.