How to unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi devices: You guys must be wondering around the internet so that you can find the perfect guide on how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi devices. Well, let me tell you that if you guys are thinking that unlocking a smartphone’s bootloader is one of the easiest things to do then you are wrong. Unlocking a smartphone’s bootloader is a tricky thing to do, you cannot afford to make any mistakes while doing it as any wrong step taken can damage your device forever.
Now unlocking the bootloader of other devices is much easier than unlocking the bootloader of a Xiaomi device. Xiaomi follows a strict procedure in order to give out the permission to unlock it’s device’s bootloader, you have to follow their guidelines if you want your bootloader to be unlocked. While unlocking the bootloader keep two things in mind firstly, you can’t disturb the smartphone while unlocking the bootloader just connect it with your PC and leave it don’t try to reboot or shutdown it in between and secondly, follow the steps which we have written here only and try not to miss anything mentioned in this guide.
We have written this guide step by step so that you can follow this guide easily. Anyone who is new to these things can also follow this guide without having any problem. Also, we have included the downloading links for the file which you will need in order to follow this guide. Each and every step which we have mentioned here are equally is equally important so don’t miss anything mentioned here.
Why to Unlock the Bootloader?
Before jumping on to how to unlock the bootloader we would like to ask you that why do you want to unlock your device’s bootloader? There are several myths which we want to clear out before telling you how to unlock it. We are asking you this question as we don’t want you to unlock the bootloader of your device unnecessarily. If you want to root your device or want to install any custom ROM or recovery then unlocking the bootloader is the correct decision but if you are doing it unnecessarily then we recommend you not to do it.
We would like to warn you that after unlocking your bootloader your device will be wiped out. Also after unlocking the bootloader, your device’s warranty will be voided. We recommend you not to unlock it unnecessarily as your device will become less secure after doing it.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi devices. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone, and you may not be able to receive it back.
How to unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi devices 
In order to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device, you have to get the permission to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi device. In case you don’t know a thing about how to do it just follow the steps written below:
- Login to the Mi account on your device
- Open developers option in the settings menu and search for unlock status there you will see an option to add an account, click on it to verify with your device.
- Also in the developer’s option turn on the OEM unlock and USB Debugging if it is not already switched on.
- Now on your PC download, the Mi unlock tool and install it.
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC and sign in with the same account.
- Turn off your smartphone and boot it into the fast boot mode by pressing and holding the volume down key and power button together for some time until your smartphone vibrates.
- Once you are booted into the fastboot mode, connect your device with PC via charging cable.
- Now on your tool, you will see a button to unlock click it allow all the permissions.
- Now, wait for the tool to unlock your bootloader.
- If your bootloader gets unlocked then your device will reboot
- If in case some error occurred at 99% and it says you have to wait for like 165 or for some hundred of hours then you have no choice other than waiting.
That’s all on How to unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi devices. If you have any problem with this guide then you can tell us in the comment section we will try to get back to you ASAP.