Hello, Guys, we are back with something new in our hands, today we will guide you upon how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A. Xiaomi Redmi 4 A is the best in it’s price range. Redmi 4 A is getting famous day by day as it’s the most powerful device with aggressive pricing. Redmi 4 A is the best smartphone with amazing specs and features it’s the best you can get in it’s price range. If you are also planning to buy this one then don’t wait it’s best. This guide is for those who already buyed the Redmi 4 A smartphone. If you want to know how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A then you have to follow this guide correctly.
Redmi 4 A is a powerful smartphone but if you want to enhance it’s features then maybe you are planning to install a custom ROM but in order to install any custom OS you have to unlock the device’s bootloader first. For your information unlocking bootloader will void your warranty and you may not claim it back ever. You can unlock the device’s bootloader through fastboot method but we will tell you the official way to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A. If you are searching for the step by step guide to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A then you have landed at the right place.
We have arranged this guide step by step so you can follow it easily, even if you are doing this for the first time you will find it easy. We have also mentioned some pros and cons of unlocking the bootloader if you want you can read them out below. If you face any difficulties while following this guide then mention them below in the comment section.
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device while following this guide. Follow this guide at your own risk. We are not responsible to pay for any kind of damage caused to your device by following this guide. You are following this guide on your own risk.
Pros and Cons of unlocking the bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader of a device will allow you to do a lot more things that a locked smartphone couldn’t do. You can flash custom recoveries after unlocking the bootloader and by the help of custom recoveries, you can flash custom ROMs. Installing custom ROMs on your device will unlock some of the great features. A custom ROM can help you get the latest android version which is not officially built for your device. You can also flash root directories after unlocking bootloader in order to gain root access on your smartphone, in simple words you can root your device after unlocking it’s bootloader.
There are not many cons in unlocking bootloader but after unlocking the bootloader the device’s warranty voids. Also after unlocking the bootloader don’t expect to receive the latest and official updates.
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
Mi Flash unlock Tool- Download
How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A
- Download the Mi Flash Tool from the link we provided above
- Extract the downloaded file MiFlashTool Zip on your pc.
- Now Open the MiFlashUnlock from the folder in your PC
- Click on Agree
- In order to use Mi flash unlock tool you have to log in with your Mi account so, Log in with your Mi Account If you don’t have one then Sign UP – visit here to Sign Up
- After Login, the validation process will start and if you will get a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! just Click the “Go” button and that will take to the page http://en.miui.com/unlock/
- You will see a blue screen on that page with text UNLOCK YOUR MI DEVICE
- Click on the Unlock Now button.
- In the browser you will be asked to log in with Mi Account again, So sign in and enter your details with your Mobile Number.
- After logging in you will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP number on the browser to complete the verification process.
- Now you have to wait till your application gets verified. This may take upto 4-5 days.
- When your Application is verified and approved, you will again receive an OTP in your registered phone number.
- Now enter the OTP number on the Unlocking screen.
- Now you will have the ability to Unlock your device from Mi Unlock Tool
- Open the Mi Unlock Tool from the extracted folder and now you will have the permission to unlock the phone.
- Once your phone is connected properly, the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and your bootloader will be unlocked and Start Flashing Custom Recovery, Custom Rom and more.
- Enjoy! You have finally have unlocked the bootloader.
Unlock Redmi 4 A’s bootloader with fastboot method
You can also unlock Redmi 4 A bootloader by the fastboot method which is not preferred. In order to unlock Redmi 4 A’s bootloader by fastboot method follow the steps below.
- Download and install adb and fastboot drivers on your PC
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer’s option of your smartphone.
- Open the adb folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot oem unlock
- If you get any message on smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
That’s all about how to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 4 A smartphone easily. If you have any queries and suggestions drop them down in the comment section and also share this guide with your friends who need it. Visit us regularly to get some really amazing updates on latest smartphones.