Google has published an official update of Android 8.1.0 Oreo for all users of Pixel 2. Lets check “How to Install Android Oreo 8.1.0 on Google Pixel 2”. To Install Oreo OTA Android 8.1.0 update on Google Pixel 2 carefully read this article.
Google Pixel 2 was launched in October 2017, and the update Android 8.1 appeared just a few months after that. You can install a fresh official update of Android 8.1.0 Oreo manually, without waiting for Google to publish a firmware update in your area.
This manual covers a 100% stock firmware for Android 8.0. You can not put the official update in the modified operating system.
In the official Android 8.1.0 update, there are several improvements that should improve the Oreo OS on the device. Here are some of the important changes to this version: Oreo, the new Power button menu, displays the charge levels of connected devices in the Bluetooth settings menu, wallpaper-based themes, settings page, and more. day when Wi-Fi is off in “sleep mode”, all apps will only send one notification per second and others.
Before you install the update, follow these guidelines:
Before you Install Android Oreo 8.1.0 on Google Pixel 2
- Use this guide only for the Google Pixel 2 phone.
- Do not attempt to update any other smartphones using the files that you will find in this article.
- Install the Android 8.1.0 update (OPM1.171019.011, December 2017) only on Android 8.0.0 (OPD1.170816.025, November 2017): do not attempt to upgrade to an older version of the system.
- In addition, you will not be able to install the update if the device has been ruled , or it has an operating system modified in some way.
- this manual should only be used by advanced users.
- – We can not be blamed if you turn your phone into a brick or lose important data files.
- – Read the entire article and do not skip the steps.
- Do not forget to enable the “Debug USB” feature in the “Developer Settings” menu.
- – If the developer options are hidden, you must first enable them: go to ” Settings “> “About the phone” and click 7 times on the item “Assembly number”.
- – go to the settings, you’ll see that there appeared the developer parameters.
- – Open the developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Make sure that the battery level is more than 50%, otherwise you will not be able to install the update on your device.
When you have completed all of the above, you can go to the next part of this article.
How to install Android Oreo 8.1.0 OTA on Google Pixel 2:
First, you need to install the Platform-Tools and ADB drivers, which will allow you to connect your phone to the computer.
Here’s how to configure your PC:
• Download Platform-Tools for the OS of your computer from the links below:
– for Windows, click here .
– For Linux, click here .
– For Mac OS, click here .
• extract the archive contents and save it on your computer.
• Place the extracted files in a folder called Platform-Tools.
• Download the Google USB drivers from here and install them on your computer.
Install the Android 8.1.0 OTA update for Pixel 2 using the ADB Sideload method:
- Download the Android 8.1.0 archive file from here .
- Rename the file to update.zip – this will allow you to easily download the file using ADB Sideload.
- Turn off the device.
- Restart your Pixel 2 to recovery mode.
- Select update from adb in the recovery mode menu.
- Connect Pixel 2 to PC via USB cable. Wait until the computer detects the phone and go to the next step.
- Return to the Platform-Tools folder and run the command line / terminal window with the address specified for that specific folder.
- Run the update process by typing the following command line: adb sideload update.zip
When the installation is complete, you can restart the phone in normal mode, and you’re done. In addition, disconnect the phone from the PC and use your default login to log in to unlock the device.