Install Android Q beta GSI: Today we have brought something new for you all who have treble enabled devices. Now you can test android Q new features on your device irrespective of the brands. Android Q will be the next achievement of the google soon. It’s going to be released soon by google but till then some test versions of this android is out for Pixel users. Don’t worry now if you don’t have a pixel device with you because we have found a way by which you can install android Q beta GSI on your device if you have project treble enabled on it. Project treble is a new creation of Google n which they practice to give updates to their users as fast as they can. In the project treble, you will get updates timely on your device.
ALSO READ : How to enable the secret Android Q desktop mode
GSI here meant Generic System image. These software images could be installed on any project treble-enabled device. This guide will tell you all about how to install android Q on Project treble enabled devices. We have mentioned all the important steps which you have to follow to install android Q on Project treble enabled devices. In order to follow this guide, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you haven’t unlocked the bootloader of your device till yet then don’t worry we will also share a guide on how to install android Q on Project treble enabled devices. You have to follow this guide correctly in order to install android Q on Project treble enabled devices. Missing any step could brick your device and you may not get it back working. Install Android Q beta GSI
If you don’t know much about the project treble then to just inform you all that Project treble enables fast updates to all android users irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. If you want to know more in the detail about the project treble you can check the google support page. For now, we will tell you how to Download and Install Android Q beta GSI on project treble supported devices. Install Android Q beta GSI
Gearallnews.com is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible. Install Android Q beta GSI
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Keep your device’s battery charged above 70%.
- Install all the required drivers of your device on your PC.
- Don’t rush while following the guide, make sure not to skip any step
- First, download all the required files from the download section then proceed to follow this guide.
- Unlocking the bootloader of Honor V9 will erase it’s data so don’t forget to backup your data and media before following this guide as your phone will perform a factory reset while unlocking the bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging, First open the settings then select about phone and tap built number for about 7-8 times untill a message pops out that you are a developer now
- Your device must have project treble enabled on it. If your device comes with Android 9.0 out of the box then don’t worry it already has project treble enabled.
The android q beta GSI is only available for some devices. We have mentioned all the devices on which you can experience the new Android Q beta GSI.
- OnePlus 3 and 3T
- The OnePlus 5 and 5T
- OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- The Redmi 4 Prime
- Redmi 4x
- Redmi 3s/3x/Prime (land)
- Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Redmi Note 4 sd (mido) (Tested on PE and Lineage-ex vendors)
- Lenovo P2
- Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) (With mokee vendor)
- Mi 6 (sagit)
- LG V30 (h930)
- Redmi 5 Plus (vince) (Tested with cardinal-aosp vendor)
- Redmi 4A (rolex) (crDroid Treble)
- Redmi Note 4X
- Mi Mix 2
- MI 5S
This list also contains some devices which don’t have project treble pre-enabled on it so you have to enable it by your own either by installing any custom ROM or by any other method. We have mentioned the device variant and the ROM variant so that you can see if your device is eligible.
Download Android Q Beta GSI
ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
Download and Install Android Q beta GSI on project treble supported devices
- Download the GSI image depending on your device from the link given.
- Switch of your smartphone > Connect it to a PC/Laptop
- Navigate the folder where you installed ADB. Right Click + Shift > Open PowerShell Window here.
- To enter the bootloader mode give the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- In order to disable AndroidVerified Boot write this command
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Then perform a clean wipe of the system partition through this command
fastboot erase system
- Then You have to flash theGSI. So, give this command
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now you have to wipe out the user data partition with this command
- Since flashing is done, you can now restart your device. So, give this command.
That’s all on how you can Download and Install Android Q beta GSI on project treble supported devices. If you have any queries related to this article you can drop them down in the comment section below we will try to reach you as soon as possible. We have prepared this guide step by step so in most of the cases the process works fine but if in case you have any doubts feel free to ask them. We brought this type of content daily so if you want to cope up with the techno world then do visit us regularly.