The Honor 8 Pro is an excellent device whose performance is comparable to what was considered in OnePlus 5. However, Android on Honor is not as good as there are a number of third-party applications and built-in applications that make the user interface installs and brakes. So if you want to have a clean Android operating system on Honor 8 Pro, you should consider reinstalling the stock android and replacing it with a custom os. And in this respect,you can follow and apply this step-by-step guide to Install Custom Firmware Paranoid Android 7.2 On Honor 8 Pro.
The custom firmware that we will look at is the new Android Paranoid platform. With the build number 7.2, the new Paranoid Android system is based on the Android 7.1 Nougat OS and comes clean in terms of pre-installed applications and processes. In addition, this firmware will ensure a stable and smooth operation and different settings. The result, the firmware should work without problems on Honor 8 Pro.
However, the Paranoid Android system for Honor 8 Pro is still under development, which means that there can sometimes be minor problems. But you can quite successfully use Nougat-based firmware on a daily basis, so from this point of view you have nothing to worry about.
In any case, since you can not like how the new operating system works, first of all, you must make a backup copy of Nandroid. So you can save the Android firmware, which is currently running on your Honor 8 Pro. Therefore, if you want to return to the stock firmware after completing this update guide, you can do so without having to use the same Nandroid backup package.
The Android Paranoid firmware is developed by third party developers, so it is not represented in Huawei or Google. In addition, you can not associate this operation with your OEM. In summary, this is an unofficial version to which Honor 8 Pro can be updated. So, finally, if you decide to apply the steps in this lesson, you will lose the warranty on the phone – this happens when the user’s firmware is installed instead of the Android stock firmware.
And, if you’re not careful enough, you can lose your personal information, information, accounts, and files. You see, the new OS Paranoid Android 7.2 can be installed successfully on Honor 8 Pro only if during the installation you erase the data cache of the application and perform a hard reset. So, without saving your personal files, you will lose everything: contacts, call logs, SMS, images, videos, audio files, applications, Internet settings, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data, calendar information, saved passwords etc. . You can use the built-in cloud storage platforms on your Honor 8 Pro to perform the correct backup or use any other similar backup and restore solution, such as syncing your data with your Google Account or with special Play apps. Store.
The installation of custom firmware Paranoid Android 7.2 based on Nougat is only possible if your Honor 8 Pro is rooted. Yes, that’s right – for this particular upgrade process, you need an unlocked Android system. In addition, a custom recovery is required – no, you can not use inventory recovery to complete this custom update process. Therefore, before doing anything else, you must learn to install the TWRP recovery firmware (or similar software) on your Honor 8 Pro. The custom recovery image will be used during the installation operation because the Paranoid Android firmware will be provided as a ZIP file.
ALSO READ : How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Honor 8 Pro
- You will need to download the firmware package based on Android Nougat to your computer or laptop.
- If the download operation can not be completed, consider temporarily disabling the security functions that are running on your computer.
- You will need a smartphone and its native USB cable; you will need to connect your phone to the computer during the update operation.
- To ensure the correct connection between your devices, on the Honor 8 Pro you must enable the USB Debug option, which is located in Settings, Developer Settings.
- If the option “developer settings” is not active, you need to go to the “About device” field, and there you have to click on the “Build number” several times until you receive the message “You are a developer”.
- Before you start the Paranoid Android 7.2 update operation, Honor 8 Pro must be charged.
- If the remaining charge in the phone is below 50%, the operating system may shut down right in the middle of the upgrade process, and various failures may occur .
- Use the steps described below only if you have Honor 8 Pro. The Paranoid Android software offered below is compatible only with this device.
DOWNLOAD REQUIRED FILES
Guide To Install Custom Firmware Paranoid Android 7.2 On Honor 8 Pro
- Download the Paranoid Android firmware to your computer; this is the first thing you need to do – you can download the firmware package from this page. Go to the word Downloads. The first link is firmware, the second is Google Apps.
- Also, download Google Apps; This package is not included in the update file, so you must install it separately.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- In the meantime, turn off the Honor 8 Pro – press and hold the power button until the phone turns off or press the power button once, and select “turn off the power”.
- Enter the recovery mode on the Android device.
- While in this mode, you need to erase everything – do not forget to save your data first. So, select: “wipe data factory reset”, and then “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- When done, return to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Then connect the smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- From the computer, move the service pack to the smartphone, and when this is done, disconnect the USB cable – the computer is no longer required.
- Turn off the phone and enter recovery mode again.
- This time, in the recovery mode, click “Install” and select Paranoid Android 7.2. Swipe across the screen to begin the process of installing the firmware.
- If you do not use TWRP recovery, follow these steps: Select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD card” and follow the on-screen instructions to resume the update process on Android 7.2 Nougat.
- Repeat the last step and install the Google Apps package.
- Finally, from the main recovery menu, select “Reboot system now”.
Good job. Honor 8 Pro now has the latest version of Paranoid Android firmware. So, download the new system and check how it works. If you find problems or mistakes, do not hesitate and share your experience and your observations with us and with other users using the comments field below. Good luck!