Recalling the memory of the last days of August, we will remember that we then read that OnePlus plans to update the OnePlus 3 / 3T models to the latest version of the Android platform. Thanks to the company’s Open Beta program, there is a beta version of Android 8.0 that is now available for the two models mentioned above. There are logical and some known issues with this software, without being surprised by such a fact since it is a trial version, so expecting some functions not to work with a “squint” or not to work at all.
Based on the official changelog, this new beta version includes.
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to September
Dashboard notifications have been added to the launcher of the devices and now by clicking on them you can upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus.
Known and annoying issues that exist are:
- Fingerprint unlock may be a bit slow in some situations
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Stability of NFC and Bluetooth need to be improved
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will be optimized continuously
- Complete device tree will be released after a week
The new Android 8.0 beta for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T has a capacity of 869MB. To install the beta release, you can find instructions with a simple click on the link here.